Edge of Tomorrow Jacket Technology Suit

I found a good picture of the from of the chest comm device a little while ago and had to make a custom image to get the exact one.

Just got stickers in and the one sheet(smallest count available).

This is kind of a status update. Lots of parts need to be printed, lots printed and some still need to be reprinted to get the mechanics to work correctly.
20190610_192929.jpg

I have no idea how this build thread managed to slip under my radar, great stuff! Finally someone else who managed to build one of the suits as a hard shell instead of using foam or similar techniques. Can't wait to see it completed and working. :)

I built two over the span of couple years and it has been one hell of a journey, so I'm super excited about a similar build.

1563806478481.png

I matched as best i can a scar sold on Propstore.com from the movie in CAD.
225096.jpg

I found this in the archives and compared it to the movie and realized all the errors i made at the first version. So now that i have the good reference.
Scar v83.png

I used an awesome model, BatMan Grenade Launcher by Jace1969 for the stock grenade launcher parts and then used the new pictures and an airsoft version of the gun for reference. It is matched to the reference photo now but needs a few details to be finished, to the build.

Great work on the gun and thanks for a link to that awesome EGLM model. The shape of the magazine extension looks a bit off, though that is just a minor gripe.
The propstore gun is also missing a cover over the trigger guard (I'm guessing it's supposed to be a remote trigger mechanism?)

1569559796254.png

Thank you for the "gripe". I will be adjusting that. The trigger assembly ,the butt stock end piece , and screws were the details i was referring to that needed to be finished.

Last edited:
Jacket Suit v50 Front.png
Jacket Suit Pose2 v2 iso.png
Jacket Suit v50 Top front.png
Jacket Suit v50 Bottom front.png

Looking for constructive critiques. Anything to get it more accurate. If you could include a movie time stamp or picture in the comment that would be awesome.

Pretty damned impressive! You put my own 3D files to shame.
I'll have to go over my reference pictures to give you more feedback as far as details go
The "soles" of the feet need a hinge point in order to function correctly (roughly in the middle, I tried to approximate it on one of your renders but all I have on hand is mspaint)

Attachments

• Exosuit feet.jpg
    Exosuit feet.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 140
So this is an update on some images i will be using for a couple of the stickers on the suit.
The fist one is just a grab and crop from movies graphic designer.
20191017_144934.jpg
These next two i made from scratch based of off a a the designers image. The original was to low resolution.
PIX image White.pngPIX image White BARCODE Finished.png
The last one is a bar code from a generator website, i got the numbers from a screen grab. The bar code looks right.
barcode.pngbarcode 2.png

This is an interesting research find. I have been looking a the propstore.com pieces that are for sale and in the archive and somehow found that their are hidden images of props from the movie that are not listed anywhere i could find. I had to go thru image by image by the number with no idea as to what would be next. Came up with some interesting things. I am not 100 percent sure i found everything that is hidden their.

There are quite a few pictures of each piece and also a movie reference photo at the end.
225067.jpg
225088 (1).jpg
225119.jpg
225518.jpg
646213.jpg
646209.jpg
225157.jpg
225165.jpg
225186.jpg
225193.jpg
225199.jpg
225205.jpg
225211.jpg
225277.jpg
225547.jpg
225230.jpg
225224.jpg

I have not updated in a while so i thought a couple of pictures would be my "still alive".
I am currently working on half the suit together to get it functional.
20191030_225100.jpg

20191030_225124.jpg

Anyone figure out exactly what model helmet they used? I have searched but there isn't an exact match to the screen references we have. Some are close, but still not quite right.

From the front ths is the closest I have found, but there is no back pic.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back