Eco Flex smooth on-silicone mask

Greg Austin

I wanted to know from anyone that makes silicone mask what kind of Ecoflex is better, I see a lot of people using Ecoflex 30 for their mask and even Smooth on says Ecoflex 30 is used to make professional silicone mask, I just want to see if anyone had their own opinion on.Ecoflex 10,30,50, basically which ones better to use ???

Thank you,

Greg

What exactly are you making? A number of us wookiees have been using it for the skins on or masks, and a few realistic human masks have also been using it.

Its very, very soft and stretchy. It its very much like real human flesh. It also had a low viscosity in it's liquid state. I have found it very easy to inject into my mold, and I've made castings without degassing and have no air bubbles (i just use long pour/bombs away method).

Thank you, Im making a zombie full head mask, I love ecoflex but didnt know if ecoflex 30 was better than ecoflex 10,40,50,? So when I inject the silicone should I do the pour up high method into my big syringe ? have you made silicone mask before

i would say go with 0030 for a mask, 0010 is just a bit too soft and will sag noticeably under its own weight.

0050 is very good for gloves

i use oo50 with about 2 ounces of slacker or deadner per 64 ounces of ecoflex. .......nice in between 0050 and 0030

i would say 0030 should be the easy way to go. ecoflex 0010 is much too soft and wont hold its shape so not good at all for your purpose.Theres also ecoflex 0020 wich is kind of a mix of 0030 and 0010 but still too soft for regular pull over silicone mask.

0030 is the best way to go if you dont want to go mix your own blend. have fun

skin the mold with 30 ..then do a fill with 10. We have tried this on a full silicone creature suit with fantastic results

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back