E3 2013 is upon us!

You will be able to play old games on ps4. But not from disk media. I dunno about whether you will have to re buy it. Its a shame ms did so poorly. Id like to play halo and ryse. But wont buy a console just for two games.

My buddies are trying to persuade me to stay with ms but I told them fanboyism never does anyone justice. I can tell when talking to them theyre dissapointed. But if everyone bends over and takes it. It will keep happening. Ms needs to be forced to take a good long look at how theyve treated their loyal customers.

All the restrictions on trading and swapping hit the final nail on the head for me. What possible motive could they have except for trying to cripple my wallet. Even if I could look past the connection thing as their way to combat piracy. I used to help pay for games by selling old ones on ebay which wont happen any more.

I saw on a particular website people defending microsoft because ac4 etc looked awesome. And that ps4 is rubbish because the games lagged a little. I shook my head and decided not to reply as how do you respond to that type of moron? If theyre not smart enough to know ac4 is cross platform. And games glitched on the xbox also infact the worse one was bf4. All this irrelevent as its not like your copy is going to do it in 5 months. Its like trying to watch them scramble for excuses that dont make sense.

Ill again buy ff15 hoping that they will return to being able to control each character again. Although I know it wont happen.

J

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

From what I understand, no, because its not backwards compatable so they wouldnt work. However at some point you'll be able to stream PS3 games to to the PS4. What's not clear is if you will have to rebuy them or pay a small fee. I'm planning on keeping my PS3.

I did just read that my favorite game, The Pinball Arcade, Will be crossbuy, between the Ps3, the Vita, and the PS4. So you buy for one and you get for all. Well see if others follow the same model.

I was really hoping it would. I have purchased a lot of stuff from the Playstation Store that I'm quite fond of, especially the PS1 classics like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy. They also had a sale on movies and I purchased quite a few at $5 each. Just some old favorites like Ghostbusters and Black Rain to pop on while I'm doing things around the house.

The Playstation Store keeps track of your purchases. If you buy a new PS3 or accidentally delete a file, you can just download it again from your purchase history list. Many of them play on PS3, PSP, and VITA. Sure would be nice to sign in on the PS4 and see my stuff. I would be pissed if I saw the exact same titles for sale and it said playable on PS4, PS3, PSP, and VITA, but they expected me to buy them again.

Wonder if the PSP will synch to the PS4?

Oh dear as if Xbox needed any more PR disasters they've had to put out a disclaimer on Xbox One pre-orders stating that they will only work on launch in a limited number of countries because of the DRM and Xbox live isn't available worldwide.
Xbox One Pre-Order Product Information - Xbox.com
Here's a map of the 21 countries
http://24.media.tumblr.com/b8152a366b17f001b8f44ef284747d5a/tumblr_moaxc8oQ7c1qcgnxeo1_1280.png
Also when someone asked Xbox support if they could import an Xbox One at launch into a non supported country Xbox themselves told them they should wait until it is released in their region.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/62c79bae4faeebf48a27b60d937f5fbf/tumblr_moaxc8oQ7c1qcgnxeo2_500.png
Microsoft really aren't doing themselves any favours are they.

Stay classy microsoft. Actually their name is going to really be fitting for the sales of these things micro and soft.

No support for Africa nor Asia :facepalm
Clearly we don't need to ask "what are they thinking" cause clearly they aren't thinking, at all.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back