E11's at the BBC?

skiffy

Sr Member
Sorry that this is straight out of left field but...

I've been watching the Two Ronnies mini-series 'The Worm That Turned' which first aired in 1980 (back when I was a nipper).

Excuse me but isn't this an E11 (complete with scope and T track) sprayed silver?

E11_TwoRonnies.jpg

It got me wondering - could there be some authentic Star Wars E11's locked away in a BBC prop store somewhere?

Great spotting and thanks for posting this. Just enjoying it on YouTube at the moment - must be thirty years at least since I saw it! :thumbsup

Every once in a while I watch something and spot what looks to be a Star Wars prop that was repainted and reused in some way. A few months ago I was watching a history show and one of the segments was about the man in the iron mask (not the movie) and while I was watching it I noticed that the "iron mask" looked strangely familiar... And then I realized that it was a C-3PO helmet that had been painted black. They didn't even change anything but the color. :p

If I remember correctly, there was a scene in an episode of Knight Rider where Michael is threatening a guy to talk by using a gun that is suppose to do horrible things. The gun was a painted Kenner scout blaster from the Return of the Jedi line. After the guy told him what he wanted to know, he pulled the trigger and squirted the guy in the face with water.

A gold painted E11 also showed up in a still for the late 1970s Universal Studios Battlestar Galctica segment of the tram tour; and some of the aliens had familiar looking bandoliers...

bgjk03s.jpg

unknownhero.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back