E11's at the BBC?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by skiffy, Apr 11, 2015.

1. skiffy

skiffy Well-Known Member

Sorry that this is straight out of left field but...

I've been watching the Two Ronnies mini-series 'The Worm That Turned' which first aired in 1980 (back when I was a nipper).

Excuse me but isn't this an E11 (complete with scope and T track) sprayed silver?

[​IMG]

It got me wondering - could there be some authentic Star Wars E11's locked away in a BBC prop store somewhere?

Blaxmyth likes this.
  2. kurtyboy

kurtyboy Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Looks like a toy blaster but well spotted!

3. R2Dan

R2Dan Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Yep, looks like th first Kenner toy version with folding stock, painted silver.

4. Blaxmyth

Blaxmyth Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Great spotting and thanks for posting this. Just enjoying it on YouTube at the moment - must be thirty years at least since I saw it! :thumbsup

5. Blue Leader

Blue Leader Well-Known Member

Every once in a while I watch something and spot what looks to be a Star Wars prop that was repainted and reused in some way. A few months ago I was watching a history show and one of the segments was about the man in the iron mask (not the movie) and while I was watching it I noticed that the "iron mask" looked strangely familiar... And then I realized that it was a C-3PO helmet that had been painted black. They didn't even change anything but the color. :p

6. Mara Jade's Father

Mara Jade's Father Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

If I remember correctly, there was a scene in an episode of Knight Rider where Michael is threatening a guy to talk by using a gun that is suppose to do horrible things. The gun was a painted Kenner scout blaster from the Return of the Jedi line. After the guy told him what he wanted to know, he pulled the trigger and squirted the guy in the face with water.

7. Treadwell

Treadwell Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Kenner E-11 also shows up in a 4th season episode of Blake's 7.

8. Indy Magnoli

Indy Magnoli Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Might as well bring up the Death Star panels in Superman: The Movie, as well as a bunch of Sterlings...

9. Mr_Creepy

Mr_Creepy Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

As well as Robert Vaughn's weapon in Battle Beyond the Stars.

Battle Beyond the Stars_Robert Vaughn.jpg

10. blewis17

blewis17 Sr Member

A gold painted E11 also showed up in a still for the late 1970s Universal Studios Battlestar Galctica segment of the tram tour; and some of the aliens had familiar looking bandoliers...

bgjk03s.jpg

unknownhero.jpg

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  11. Blaxmyth

Blaxmyth Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

This from episode 5 on YouTube. Super corny, but great to watch it again after all these years.
    The Worm That Turned - Kenner blaster.png