E-Web Cannon parts

Neutronium

I have been researching the E-Web cannon and the tripod parts.

I am 99% sure that the tripod is fabricated from 3 old hydraulic rams, ( The sort of thing you see on JCB diggers) the type with trunnion bearings for mounting. You can see the seal arrangement and hydraulic connections quite clearly in the photos.

The rams are attached to the foot plates by rose joints.

The lower strut looks like like plain tube with some of the hose that connects to the battery box for detailing.

What people have sometimes referred to as the "cone like piece" looks very much like an hydraulic accumulator or pressure regulator. I am still trying to find the exact model but I have found a few that are quite close.

The cone part at the bottom is actually a clevis made from sheet material that the lower strut is fastend to with a clevis pin.

Would love to hear if any one else has any thoughts on these or any other bits of this blaster :confused

I have been using stills from the film for reference rather than the wookipedia drawing for reference. I may have got an ID on the cannon to tripod connection, but I am still trying to check that.

Wil.

G'day mate, I'm currently building one of these and I've been doing a little research to try and figure out what some of the parts were. Not necessarily to acquire them, I just enjoy the puzzle of finding out what was used. I think you're spot on with the Hydraulic Ram there Wil. I was leaning towards a drive shaft or some sort of rack and pinion system.
This pic shows the clevis joint quite well...

eweb11-1.jpg

I've also got a hunch about the 2 frames on either side of the main body of the barrel.

E-web5Large.jpg

They look very similar to an older era control yoke like this one but a lot more basic and stripped down.

970222203_396306fdef.jpg

I might be way off base but the shape of those things is so familiar for some reason. At first I thought they might have been some sort of old steering wheel that had been cut down.

Do you have any pics of the hydraulic accumulator or pressure regulators that you've found?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back