Interest Dustin Hoffman Hook - Trims for Justacorp (Frock) and Waistcoat.

Darth Mule

Sr Member
I've been ever so slowly working on assembling the materials for a replica costume of Dustin Hoffman's Hook from the the 91 film of the same name. The one thing that has eluded me is decent matches for the trims. I recently contacted a company that can fabricate them for me, but the minimums will run much higher quantities than one person needs for a costume, which would leave me with a surplus, so I thought I'd reach out to the community to see if anyone else might be interested in purchasing some.

I'm officially past the r&d stage. Had everything scaled and ran it by some local experts to double check, and I'm good to go. Below is a list of the trims. I think the best bet is to sell them in a package that comes with everything you need for one costume.

Justacorp braid:
1: 3/4" Gold Floral Braid - 25metres
2: 3/8” Gold Ropework Braid - 10m

Vest Braid:
3: 10mm wide,black and gold floral braid: 10m
4: 15mm wide, black and gold floral braid: 10m
5: 16mm" at widest point,wavy,scallop: 10m

11024d1385786121-hero-dustin-hoffman-captain-hook-complete-costume-coat-detail.jpg11026d1385786121-hero-dustin-hoffman-captain-hook-complete-costume-waistcoat-detail.jpg

$200 shipped will cover one kit. All the trims you need to cover one outfit with some leftover.
If anyone is interested or has input, post away.

Last edited:
$200 may be within my “count me in” range so long as you were able to include the buttons as well. It’s such an intricately detailed costume, but I love that you’ve taken on the effort of having this trim reproduced to exacting standards.

I've been ever so slowly working on assembling the materials for a replica costume of Dustin Hoffman's Hook from the the 91 film of the same name. The one thing that has eluded me is decent matches for the trims. I recently contacted a company that can fabricate them for me, but the minimums will run much higher quantities than one person needs for a costume, which would leave me with a surplus, so I thought I'd reach out to the community to see if anyone else might be interested in purchasing some.

I'm officially past the r&d stage. Had everything scaled and ran it by some local experts to double check, and I'm good to go. Below is a list of the trims. I think the best bet is to sell them in a package that comes with everything you need for one costume.

Justacorp braid:

Vest Braid:

View attachment 764914View attachment 764915

$200 shipped will cover one kit. All the trims you need to cover one outfit with some leftover.
If anyone is interested or has input, post away.

Did you get the trims already, I would love to see a picture of what they actually look like.

Justacorp braid:

Vest Braid:

View attachment 764914View attachment 764915
Hello:
Did you ever manage to get the trim made?

Wow! Sorry everyone. I have all but ceased my RPF presence in the last couple of years. Just happened to open it up to dig for info and saw all these replies.

Unfortunately, I started this in 2017, and was unemployed at the time and not able to put in the $1000 investment to get this going without lining up a few interests. Sadly, the company has gone teets up, so I'm back to square one. Preliminary research into finding another company turned up nothing super cost effective. The first company required a 200 yd minimum order to produce these trims. Everyone I've contacted since requires 1000...

I think the number of interested parties here now may make things a bit more worth starting a research group on FB. You can find it here Facebook Groups
It may take me a few days to get it fully functional, so if you send a join request, I'll get to you ASAP

$200 may be within my “count me in” range so long as you were able to include the buttons as well. It’s such an intricately detailed costume, but I love that you’ve taken on the effort of having this trim reproduced to exacting standards.
Interested, also for the buttons and the trims for the hat.
Did you get the trims already, I would love to see a picture of what they actually look like.
Any progress? Would love to see updated pics.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back