DURGE, SW: Clone Wars Bounty Hunter

Thomas, your work is a great inspiration. Had it not been for your process descriptions and progress photos for Dirge and Krieg, I would not have taken on my first armor project.

Bravo, maestro!

~ Vonnor

Durge; wip 2009

DURGE, May 2009

I had a wonderful tyme at Motor City Comic Con 2009 this weekend. It may take me a while to post, but I have started work on my convention coverage gallery for the event.

I worked to revise and maintain all three of the costumes that I brought to the show. Above all, the labour on my DURGE suit was the most intensive. I did win their costume contest, but the real pay-off, persay, was the response I received from my fellow Legion members, artists, and general convention attendees.

On the convention floor, Rebel Legion member Alex Ford had set up a nice back drop for costume portraits. Alex then generously burnt CD's for everyone he took photographs of. Thanks Alex.

Be well,
Thomas

Last edited:
It was great seeing you again, Thomas. Your Durge was looking as great as always. Hope you had fun visiting at our Michigan con! :)

Very nicely done. Looks great. It's very reminiscent of Japanese style costumes, especially the helmet/face...looks like something from Power Rangers.

I thought Durge was twice the size of humans and REALLY huge in the chest area. Am I incorrect in that?

He is pretty tall in that costume. He's fairly tall in real life, then puts platform boots on to wear with that costume to get a few more inches. So, what is the suited up height, Thomas?

Really inspirational work of an EU character that isn't discussed much. I would enjoy seeing Durge in the CGI series.

What other upgrades, if any, do you plan for the suit? Perhaps detail the underarmor (near the armpit gap where it is most exposed)? I'd be excited to see what other sheer awesomeness you can accomplish with this!

action figure

Thank you kindly. Exceedingly so.

I based my costume on the first Hasbro action figure of DURGE;
CW_DURGE_action.jpg

This action figure predated both The Clone Wars animated series and Dark Horse Comics appearances;
386px-Swr52cover.jpg
1153477292_l.jpg

I am 6'3", 220 lbs.
Armoured up I am around 6'7", 280 lbs.

(The lovely Asajj Jentress is 5'10" without heels)

If I was independently wealthy and had my own studio space, I would rebuild this suit from scratch. For now, I am most focused on DURGE's jetpack.

Be well,
Thomas

DURGE at Dragon*Con 2009

Good evening,

Just a few new photos to share of this WIP;
DURGE0909_BH01.jpg

I received these from Dragon*Con by the very friendly and professional Bryan Humphrey a couple of weeks ago. This was my first opportunity to post the images;

Click on any thumbnail image to enlarge;

I sleep soon, but tomorrow it is back to work. But it is never really work when the subject is one you are passionate for.

Be well,
Thomas

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back