DURGE, SW: Clone Wars Bounty Hunter

WOW. Those photos do your amazing work the justice they deserve. Congrats on getting your costume to this level. IT's been a great experience watching you over the years gain skill after skill , growing to the level that pulls off a Hollywood-style costume like this.

Keep it up. Your work inspires us all to do better.

You humble me Jeff. Thanks to everyone for the support. It makes so me happy I have to dance:

DURGE_avatar.gif

Last week I went back to college for the first tyme in ten years. I am taking a course in welding. (Oxy-fuel and Arc.) I look forward to discovering applications for this technology.

Be well,
Thomas

The night before Dragon*Con XX, just after my caravan rolled into Georgia, I met up with photographer Art Andrews to document recent enhancements to DURGE's arsenal. From the resulting images I was finally able to add bounty hunter to my my 501st profile.

Durge's Cannons: These took almost a year from design to execution. And like everything else, these rough castings are inviting me to spend months refining and retooling.

Durge's Lance: The least expensive prop in the arsenal. All found parts left out by a dumpster, collected over a period of months. All chrome. Great fun in a parade. I may need to print up a CIS banner to hang from the tip.

Durge's Flame-thrower: Nice to have for those slow dances with Boba.

Durge and Bolas: These were my first Durge weapon prop. They light up when swung. A fun, if not impractical, SW EU weapon.

Be well,
Thomas

I love it. Mighty fine work there (and great photos). I also love the fact you have an array of weapons to choose from too, which is your fave?

Thomas, that is one outstanding costume.....

The sculpt, detail etc etc are just awesome.... probs the best ever costume I have seen..

Defo worthy of 501st status...

Good to hear your taking up welding too..... I sell the stuff here in the UK, and it's amazing to see what can be achieved by 'glueing' a few bits of metal together...

All the best on your course...

DURGE, June 2008

DURGE, June 2008
My friend Rick took a series of images of me in my DURGE armour at the beginning of June, 2008 for a special project. The following images are culled from that set.

We took 240+ shots in order to glean the one to submit as my contribution to a future advertisement in the Star Wars Insider Magazine. The advertisement is being created to promote awareness of The Dented Helmet (TDH) costuming community.

There were slots nine slots for the advertisement, and the steep competition for place was juried by an independent, but knowledgeable set of judges. Since 2003, TDH has been very good to me. Through the TDH I met with other artists and learned the skills and techniques that allowed me to complete not only my DURGE costume, but also provided me with a substantial foundation from which to draw upon in other artistic endeavours. The TDH is a wonderful community distinguished in no small part by a respectful, responsible and dedicated administration that I truly admire.

I am honoured to contribute back to the TDH, along with the other selected members with my small part in this upcoming advertisement.

Be well,
Thomas

Awesome work.
That Helmet is yet another one to add to my list of ones to get - in this case I will have to make one I suppose (which means I will probably never get it done):cry
Still great work on your costume:thumbsup

It's so cool to see such uncommon EU-characters build by a talented and passionate member!
I love your awsome Clone Emperor, too!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back