Limited Run Dune 2021 Duke Leto Atreides ring

I'm happy there's a new reference picture. We can also see the engraving letters clearly, and there are some new details in the bird. Them making a licensed replica does change things for me risk wise too and I don't think I'll make two bring sizes anymore because of the outlay investment.
Also keep in mind this official one is only available with a $250 kickstarted pledge

Interested!

Perhaps the black area under the eagle is a dark coloured emerald. Could not really tell during the film (large screen / front row).

Messing with the brightness/contrast/exposure, and in my opinion it definitely looks to be a dark green gem within the gold diamond on the side.

Color.jpg

I agree- it is most apparent in the movie (also turning up the brightness and contrast settings) during the sand tent scene when Paul holds the ring in the palm of his hand.

I agree- it is most apparent in the movie (also turning up the brightness and contrast settings) during the sand tent scene when Paul holds the ring in the palm of his hand.
Also in the very first scene with it, it's almost painfully obvious once we know what to look for. Especially visible when the light hits it during motion.

Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 5.02.57 PM.png

So now what... the text doesn't entirely match on the top. It could be the artist making a mistake of what it was intended to be, or we could still be missing a piece of the puzzle. It's close, but not the same. The second to last letter is definitely different. Maybe they accidentally swapped the second to last letter with third to last because the second to last looks like the third to last on ours. I think this swapping theory could hold water because the article from the jeweler said she was building it up from pieces and attaching it, so maybe they were just placed out of order. It also seems like 10 letters fit, not 8, but that might be the angle/optical illusion. I'm judging 10 based on seeing 5 up to the tip of the wings at the halfway point. Someone take a stab at translating/decoding the top and see what you get. Here's what I see:

1636507048550.png
1636507487941.png

1636507641435.png

So I guess really my question is, should I make this screen accurate, or screen 'ideal'? What it is or what it 'should' be?

I've adjusted the diamonds on the side to better accommodate a 2mm square princess cut dark green cz crystal gem like these I found on etsy.
1636507970927.png

I'll fix the feet and tail feathers for sure. I'm not sure how I feel about adjusting the body/stomach feathers because I do like mine better than theirs currently as this ring shows them a bit messy. It might change a little after printing and casting and mine could end up less sharp.
1636560193850.png

Last edited:
Y'know actually, the jeweler said she was told the ring said "here I am, here I remain" so maybe she made both sides of the ring different, one saying utraeDEs and the other side saying utraeEDs

maybe the right answer is to do one side 'correct' and one side as seen. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

So I guess really my question is, should I make this screen accurate, or screen 'ideal'? What it is or what it 'should' be?

Last edited:
Y'know actually, the jeweler said she was told the ring said "here I am, here I remain" so maybe she made both sides of the ring different, one saying utraeDEs and the other side saying utraeEDs

maybe the right answer is to do one side 'correct' and one side as seen. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I won’t know the difference either way (and neither will the vast majority of people), so do whatever you think is best

I really like the “Here I am, Here I remain”. You are the maker (pun intended) and I trust you.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back