Limited Run Dune 2021 Duke Leto Atreides ring

What size will the ring be by the way?
Probably 11ish. My current CAD model is at 10.5, 20.2 mm diameter, I might be making two sizes, two styles, not sure yet, depends.

The detail that I'm missing that you can't see clearly on screen is on the side of the Ring above the diamond pattern but below the bird... It looks like wormy Celtic knot pattern, but it could be an inscription. The art book shows it as an inscription. What you see in the art book is definitely concept drawing and not a real photo of the screen. I made a few assumptions of other details based on the screen used images which were confirmed once I saw the picture from the art book. I'll explain more when I get my photos together to share.

sketch.png
1635212320478.png

sketches

I'm blending what we can see on screen with the pic from the art book to come out with the most accurate we'll get if the ring doesn't ever surface in a prop tour or behind the scenes or something like that.
I'm certain there's a made up language inscription on the side of the ring, so I'll match it the best I can and match the style for the 'letters' we can't see.

"The ring features the Atreides coat of arms with a falcon on the top. Engraved on the sides are several details including the phrase “Here I am, here I remain” in the language of Atreides people, which looks similar to the lyrical style of Arabic."
"Here I am, here I remain" maybe it's something like this
1635267648136.png

sk4.png

There's a stone that looks like it has the same engraving that the art book has on the ring so maybe it's that. I think 16 characters fit around the ring, and the stone has 8, so maybe it's the same thing twice, or slightly changed. which would match the alleged "here I am here I remain text"

1635276637641.png

something like this. we see the red symbols in the art book. we see all these symbols on the stone

I'm thinking of changing the blue ones to some other symbols for the second side of the ring so the meaning changes. from 'here i am' to 'here i remain.'

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back