Dumbledore's Memories - Ideas?

The14thDr

Sr Member
I want to work on a few of Dumbledore's memory vials, but I'm struggling to think of any ideas for the memories themselves.
f8cf2164310d6b070b0c4a6425d40c63.jpg

In the films, the memories look like white/silver strands. Any ideas on what I could use to replicate them?

Coming off the wand? El wire comes to mind but i'm not sure what to use for the diffusion around the bolt.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

These are great ideas, thank you so much people! I never even thought of using EL wire for this project, but now it just seems common sense to get the same lighting effect, and the clear silicone sounds like an interesting idea to try out.

I really like maxguddens' idea though, as it seems really simple yet effective to pull off (and can be made on the cheap ;) )

A small addition I might add to the El wire is clear plastic tubing such as found in an aquarium. To give that light "aura" around the strand perhaps insert the El wire into the tubing after treating it with adhesive and possibly dust for a translucent effect and to hide the hard edge of the El wire. Ultra fine glitter suspended in hand sanitizer might also make for cool fluid to suspend the strand in the vial.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back