Drunken moron steals Dragon*Con Tolkien Track property!

CelticRuins

Sr Member
So, I'm gonna ask my fellow RPFers to help me out on identifying this turd.

My boyfriend and I work for the Tolkien Track, and have for the past 3 years at Dragon*con. Before that we were "honorary staff by association", and we've always counted on the generous decoration donations by fans and track goers.

Well this year, a husband and a wife that have donated so much to the track in the past, donated a few extra standees this year for decoration in and outside the track. The standees were placed outside the door during panels to "advertise".

Saturday night, the 'Board of the Rings' gaming panel was going on between 9 and 10. This doucebag comes up, steals the Legolas standee out of the 3 others surrounding it, and decides to make off with it, stopping every few feet to take idiotic pictures. He was spotted running towards the Marriott doors, and never returned the standee.

Now, this may seem like "a piece of cardboard" to some of you, but this standee is hard to find and out of print. The cheapest it runs for is about $80, and you're hard pressed to find that. And, even if it's small, it's still wrong. It's one thing to run around with it, take a few stupid pictures, then replace it where it stood. It's another thing entirely to just up and steal it, not thinking about the person who generously put it there for the weekend only.

Anyway, the standee has 'WERT' written in black pen on the back, and it's the last name of the person who owns it. Mr. Wert and his wife don't want any hard feelings against this individual, but I do, as a staff member who thinks this is just stupid ass behavior, but technically it's up to Mr. Wert. All he wants to his standee back, and I'd like to replace his faith in donating to our track again.

I tried enlarging the name on the idiot's badge, but all I could get out of it was the first name being Jonathan or Joshua. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
idiot.jpg

idiot2.jpg

I realize that, but catching him would be vindication enough.

I suppose I should emphasize on the fact, that he isn't really expecting it back, but we'd still like to find out who this guy is. No matter how small, he still stole private property on the D*Con grounds and could be punished for it.

I realize that, but catching him would be vindication enough.

Oh, absolutely. :thumbsup I just "reported" this thread in the hopes of having it moved to the main prop forum. You'll get greater exposure that way, since it would be visible to search engines there.

The guy looks like a real waste of space honestly. I mean I'm not one to judge a book by it's cover, but his actions already speak for him, and that being said...just look at him. Admit it, he just looks like a *****.

Makes you wonder what a tool like that is even doing at a place like Dcon in the first place...

It's likely that some one will recognize him, and I am really crossing my fingers that he ends being held responsible for himself.

The guy looks like a real waste of space honestly. I mean I'm not one to judge a book by it's cover, but his actions already speak for him, and that being said...just look at him. Admit it, he just looks like a *****.

Makes you wonder what a tool like that is even doing at a place like Dcon in the first place...

It's likely that some one will recognize him, and I am really crossing my fingers that he ends being held responsible for himself.

Several people tell me that DC is getting worse for people going just to make fun and ruin things. I have it on good authority from a friend that a football team appeared during DC last year and made it hell on people.

Thanks so much guys! It's been posted on the Tolkien Track FB and Dragon*con FB...I posted it on Reddit too and the Dragon*con LJ, but the more sites and postings, the merrier!

I also notice that he has a full weekend pass, not a day pass that normal idiot-looking guys like these get, just to 'oogle' and the 'weirdos', so he's either been there before, and someone's told him to go all weekend. I'm betting that someone in the Dragon*con-goer family knows him or knows of him.

Again, I appreciate any and all who post this around! *big hugs too all of you!*

Several people tell me that DC is getting worse for people going just to make fun and ruin things. I have it on good authority from a friend that a football team appeared during DC last year and made it hell on people.

College age kids are the worst for doing things like this. They're still obsessed with the cliques of their youth and picking on others is what makes them feel more important. That and add alcohol... bad combination.

:angry

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back