Dredd 3D pep helmet - files now available

Umm, yeah, full-sized but I'm not sure what size they are made for. I've got a 22 3/4 " head and there's plenty of room inside the half-finished helmet I've made. I guess if you're doing it for 24" it might be worth enlarging the width by, say, 5mm. (Sorry, I'm from New Zealand and we mix metric and Imperial units all the time. Just ask Indy Magnoli.)

Have you got a copy of designer - all you'd need to do is alter the scale dimensions by adding 5mm to the width and the other two dimensions will alter as well. I left plenty of margin, so it whould be easy to move parts around and print it out. If there is a problem, let me know and I'll see about resizing it for you. Cheers, Phil

So I have a question, I hope someone can answer... I just finished up my helmet build and I was messing around and dropped my helm on the ground (DROKK!). Well of course it landed on the most vulnerable area... the X, and now there is a nice crack in the paint and bondo. Is there any way to fix this up without having to sand down to the bondo and applying another layer?

Sorry, I'm from New Zealand and we mix metric and Imperial units all the time. Just ask Indy Magnoli.

Once I get you to drop the metric system, I'll see if I can get you pulling your saws. ;)

JPR-265DIS.jpg

You might be able to gently pry the gap wider and get some epoxy in there. It might be worth a shot before getting out the sandpaper.

Hey folks, just wondering if anyone has attempted the 2 piece EVA foam build of this? I'm having a go at it, my first EVA Foam project :)

I'll post pics as soon as I have something to take pics of. At the moment its just cut out templates, hopefully I will get some time to start cutting and gluing foam this weekend.

Thanks fore the PM Blaxmyth :)

Blaxmyth I'm new to this whole thing and it looks incredibly daunting, I'm gonna be working with hotglue, a heat gun, eva foam and spray paint and I downloaded Dung0beetles foam edit - and I'm not sure what to do next, should I print it off and cut it out all as one piece?

Edit: WELP I feel silly, after a quick google search I actually found what I need! Keep up the good work Blaxmyth!

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm new here and new to this. I'm about to make my first build and was thinking of trying Dredd's helmet. I'm on a Mac, though and don't have Pep. Any chance someone might be prepared to share a PDF template?

Hey guys, I'm new here and new to this. I'm about to make my first build and was thinking of trying Dredd's helmet. I'm on a Mac, though and don't have Pep. Any chance someone might be prepared to share a PDF template?

Hi Justin, nice to see another SA builder here... are you looking for foam or cardstock templates?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Hey bud! I thought I was the only one. Nice to meet you. Card stock preferably. I'm a beginner. Whereabouts are you in SA?

I'm in Richards Bay, nope you're not alone, there's a few builders from SA here. I'll have to download a Dredd helmet, dont have one yet. I'll dig around and send what I can get, we'll have to check on the scale you'll need as well. I'm no expert but please feel free to ask any time should you need help.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Hey bud! I thought I was the only one. Nice to meet you. Card stock preferably. I'm a beginner. Whereabouts are you in SA?

Hi... It appears the two of us need to read a bit more, LOL. Blaxmyth posted the PDF files on this very thread ( post # 140 ). Let me know if you don't come right with the download.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi everyone. I'm doing this as my first ever build. Have printed the pekura and am starting to put it together. Doing a full dredd costume. Have ordered some motocross armour to customise. Can't wait to start.

Can't wait to start.

Good to hear! Have fun. A little tip I have stumbled on - instead of making one helmet, make two at the same time. Costs only a few cents more and takes about the same amount of time. Remember the other key ingredient on the RPF - post lots of pics! :D

Doing one seems daunting. But two does make more sense. Pep is about a third done. Will print a second set to start after the first pep. Will post lots of pics and probably ask lots of questions.

Ok time for an update. Have finished my pep. Will resin tonight.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    866.2 KB · Views: 111
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    789.4 KB · Views: 108
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    681.5 KB · Views: 113
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back