DREDD 3D (2012) - Helmet Build - Finished Page 7

Oooh! That's just being naughty...sharing and teasing us with that fine piece of work! Nice acquisition MooMooEgg!

Same comparison sizing pics for everyone...before mods of course.:) Keep in mind, the Planet Replicas's Helm is sized XL.

Devin, hope that's okay..

IMG_0625_zpsa1f92662.jpg

IMG_0626_zps8a5f47b3.jpg

IMG_0620_zps80246dc6.jpg

I'll start up a new thread about the finishing eventually and put the rest of the pics up then...

Final teaser for the hell of it...Hybrid Comic & Movie Judge!
IMG_0628_zpsb4d75b51.jpg

Thanks again for doing this!

Hey guys, I don't mean to disrupt the thread here, I built my own helmet and the colors that I use work pretty well for this build.

For the black I use Textured Black from Rusoleum
For the red I use Colonial red from Rustoleum
For the badge I use gold Rub n Buff

Then I give it a black wash followed up by a Grey wash to get that dirty dusty look.

Works pretty well for my buckets, hope that helps some of you guys with these awesome looking castings!

In the second phase of weathering. I went with a Midgnight Pearl and Dark Blue Metallic for the base and colonial red for the trim. Badge and then final chalks.

IMG_4636.jpg

IMG_4637.jpg

IMG_4640.jpg

Those Helmets look great! Who else has finished theirs out? Be sure and share paints that worked for you guys. I know people are curious about what works best.

-Devin

On the parts parts ID thread for Dredd 3D, a guy in the UK claimed he worked on the hero suit and said VOLKSWAGEN tornado red was the closest; it looks pretty close or at least closer then what I originally thought was it

Hello everyone, bluerealm!

First of all let me say that i'm really amazed at your build, it's incredible!

I hope you don't mind me coming here and asking for some help? i'm going to have a go at trying to make a dredd helmet for myself, beginning with a 3d model of it, but i haven't been capable of finding good enough reference to lay out some blueprints and start with the modeling. If it isn't much of a hassle for you, is it possible if you post some front/top/side pictures of it? I don't want to ask for 3d files of it, because i'm sure you have already had the effort to create them for yourself and i'd like to take this project as independently as possible, but i'd also like it to be as accurate as possible!

Anyway, sorry for dropping in on your thread ;) Just thought you'd be the man to ask, looking at the awesome outcome on that helmet!

It's stuff like this that makes me wish I had bothered to post on all the other amazing builds I have seen, getting me past that darn 20 post minimum to start purchasing off the junkyard!

Stunning helmet chap, I am in awe of your work!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back