Dragon gets Star Wars licence

Sergiotron

Dragon announced they got the Star Wars licence, and teased us with this pic

"Teaser for the newest 1/35 armor from Dragon Models. Any guesses?"
12241429_1246617242031426_2139283190875775322_n.jpg

If true, it must be HUGE!!!

Original post here: https://www.facebook.com/dragonmode...787521647742/1246617242031426/?type=3&theater

What do you guys thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Dragon making a 1/35 AT-AT

Dragons armor kits vary in quality a lot (also the new releases, often badly researched). And they are massively overpriced. I am not excited. Perhaps better than Revell, but I doubt they will be as good as the Bandai kits.

1/48 would be more useful, in that it would be in scale with the Bandai Snow Speeder and AT-ST!

From this pic we can already notice they got it wrong :D

The large panel should be scribed and flush with the rest of the hull, it seems to be raised here :D

The ladder is wrong and the shape of the recessed ovals are wrong too.

The engraved lines are too wide and heavy.

At 1/35 it will be nice though !

pfff tu n'est pas marrant julien :D et meme que tu ai raison, un AT-AT au 1/35 c'est du tout bon pour nous, bouffeur de plastique.
J ai toujours voulu avoir un gros AT AT ainsi qu'un enorme falcon...le falcon c est fait, manquer plus que l'AT.

Pfff you're not funny julien.:D..but even if you ve right, a 1/35 AT AT is a good thing for us, plastic eaters !!!
i always wanted a big AT, same thing for a Big Falcon.
it's ok for the Big Falcon, now it's time of the AT

It depends on what they consider 1/35

If they are going to go with the relative scale of the F-Toys AT-AT or use some of the numbers that equate to a smaller real world AT-AT (like the size in the foot crushing the speeder scene), that 1/35 model is going to be more like 1/48

I used 22.5m from Star Wars dot com. Bandai seems to be using those numbers. Hard to go wrong with the 'Source'.

The MR Studio scale one is only 18-19 inches tall... and my 1/48 speeder looks to be just about perfect for that.

I agree 1/35 would be an odd scale to pick... but I'd likely get one.

Jedi Dade

I'm sure they chose 1/35 because that's the standard scale for armor kits.
A matching Snow Speeder would be cool, but just watch - if they do one it will be 1/32, because aircraft scale.

On one hand I'm really excited that Dragon has a Star Wars license now.
On the other hand I'm really bummed because I won't be able to afford them.

I'm sure they chose 1/35 because that's the standard scale for armor kits.
A matching Snow Speeder would be cool, but just watch - if they do one it will be 1/32, because aircraft scale.

On one hand I'm really excited that Dragon has a Star Wars license now.
On the other hand I'm really bummed because I won't be able to afford them.

If it makes you feel better, a 1/35 AT-AT will be over 2 feet high, so very few will be able to afford them (or would want something that big and at an odd scale to other SW models).

I would wait and see what they offer. If it is available in the Americas, the will have to compete with Revell with their price point (not talking at all about accuracy). Plus I think the scale is a mistake that a guy updating the social media feeds made.

TazMan2000

I used 22.5m from Star Wars dot com. Bandai seems to be using those numbers. Hard to go wrong with the 'Source'.

1/35 at the 22.5 meter height would make it just a little over 25" (or about 64 cm)

Basically that is as tall as the Hasbro 2010 AT-AT (which is larger than the old Kenner At-At)
The Hasbro At-At is supposedly about 24" tall x 28" long x 12" wide

Or for another frame of reference, it will be about twice the size of the Revell AT-AT which is about 12" to 13" tall

What's brilliant about this is with the nature of the New films coexisting with the existing films , two companies vying for unique star wars subjects to win us over , two good companies ......good times

I can't wait I've been wanting some large scale Star Wars kits in plastic! Personally I hope they go all out and make some studio scale kits but that's wishful thinking. Also very curious on what the price will be.

Last edited:

I'd hoped for years that tamiya would make 1/35 Star Wars figures and vehicles. Dragon is a great brand to do it though. I'm hoping for squads of troops too. Wow, great news!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back