DR WHO monsters

Re: British RPF most scary DR WHO monster?

for me it was the Sea Devils....still hope to see them make a come back one day.

Really? The Sea Devils scared you? I mean, admittedly seeing them come up out of the water is kinda creepy, but why'd they scare you?

I think it's possible that they and/or the Silurians could come back at some point. The new series does tend to mine the past for good monsters. Plus, it'd be interesting to see a modern take on them. Not sure if they'd go more CGI or practical effects, though.

Oh, and I hope they upgrade their weaponry...that was always a bit disappointing about the originals.

Aye, Sea Devils were very scary to this 6-year-old too.

Actually I forgot the scariest one for me. That Anubis jackal-headed thing - Sutekh! - from the end of Pyramids of Mars. I used to have a recurring nightmare about that thing gliding toward me over a field at the back of our house.

The Weeping Angels scare me as an adult! I can't go near a church now without going "Don't blink!"

But when I was younger it was the Time Lord criminal Morbius, the Frankenstein of Dr. Who, that scared me. Both for what he was and the being he was.

morbius01.jpg

Aye, Morbius for me too. Oddly enough I was watching the Sea Devils the other day and really enjoyed the Master watching a programme about 'a rather interesting extra-terrestrial life-form' (Clangers).

Never watched it as a kid, I just got into it with the 2005 series and on. Now I am hooked. I love that show!

This freaks me out.

weeping_angel.jpg

I'm not much of a Who fan, but i remember something about giant spiders on peoples backs....that effed me right up...had nightmares for years!

Rich

The Autons, I mean who wouldn't be freaked out by mannequins coming to life. The Weeping Angels too. The freaky virus that took over the people on Mars in The Waters of Mars creeped me out too. I can't stand watching that episode anymore.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back