Dr Grordbort's Custom Raygun Contest Entries

I have been following the contest thread very closely for about a week now.

I was so inspired by the work that I had to register and join the forum.

Congratulations to everyone on their great work. I know I have been inspired to buy one of these guns and have a go at my own creation!

PS: I was surprised to see a good 4 or 5 guns in this entry thread that we did not see before, a few of which were simply stunning!

:love

Entry 13

Gutted Bison

Note from the creator:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

It is EXTREMELY UNFAIR to have this kind of twisted brilliance be allowed in a contest. :lol This is way beyond my puny human brain. :thumbsup :thumbsup Congrats on such a :cool concept and execution.

Haha...entry 13 builder says THANK YOU! Honestly I worked on this under 1/2 hour at a time, but almost daily. I figured any more than that and I would lose my mind. Gutting the 2 halves was one thing (removing the inner plastic ribbing, screw bosses, etc) but then building that inner skeleton and keeping it stable...:confused

And of course...the inside piece actually fits within the 2 halves! I actually removed parts when I got a bit out of control. I also had this clever mechanism in mind that would open and close the gun but again... considered my sanity. :lol

Dave

Haha...entry 13 builder says THANK YOU! Honestly I worked on this under 1/2 hour at a time, but almost daily. I figured any more than that and I would lose my mind. Gutting the 2 halves was one thing (removing the inner plastic ribbing, screw bosses, etc) but then building that inner skeleton and keeping it stable...:confused

And of course...the inside piece actually fits within the 2 halves! I actually removed parts when I got a bit out of control. I also had this clever mechanism in mind that would open and close the gun but again... considered my sanity. :lol

Dave

For what it's worth Dave, that second photo of your creation showing the guts of the gun in side profile may be the single most inspiring photo I have seen in the contest. Absolutely brilliant!

If I may borrow from one of Dr. Grordbort's commercials...I have no doubt that little tiger will turn your foes into a slurry! Obviously intended only for the very serious sporting hunter!

:lol:lol:lol:lol

Great work from everyone as usual, I fear that even if I'd have had time to finish mine it would have barely stood up against these entries. Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
It is EXTREMELY UNFAIR to have this kind of twisted brilliance be allowed in a contest. :lol This is way beyond my puny human brain. :thumbsup :thumbsup Congrats on such a :cool concept and execution.

I agree

Fantastic ideas all round though. Cant dis that, eh? :)

Just a note. Got a peek at the winners today... and they are well deserved! Should be posting something within the next day or so!

All I can say is the talent in this thread is so utterly ridiculous! Amazing work to everyone! I would not have wanted to judge this contest at all!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back