Doopydoo's E-11 Blaster (Full Kit)

Nice work here. I really ought to do some TLC on my resin E-11 from Slothfurnace. Maybe get a real scope, too. Ah well, down the road.

Everything is assembled... Now just need to fill and sand a couple spots, throw some primer on, and lay down the paint. I'll be doing an undercoat of silver for the body (gold for the scope), and then satin black over the top. Once everything has cured, I'll go back and do some light weathering to let the undercoats show through a bit

2011-12-20233919.jpg

2011-12-20233625.jpg

2011-12-20233804.jpg

Did a little sanding and filling this morning, then threw some primer on:

2011-12-22170942.jpg

Let it dry, and did a little more sanding this afternoon. Then put on the basecoat silver:

2011-12-22174043.jpg

Going to let that cure overnight, do a little more fine sanding, and then put a couple coats of satin black on :)

As for the spring inside, any good suggestions on that?

Looks good so far !
Just remember that the grip is made of plastic (gloss black), so no metal weathering on it, caution with this primer ! ;)

Try apex gun parts. They have the spring, costs about 20 bucks. I used a spring from a nerf gun. Given the time I spent making it fit, I couldve got a real spring. Your Blaster looks great!

what glue you guys using on the resin build ?? got the same kit and it looks great but obviously dont want it to fall apart :0

yeh i got some unibond 5 minute plastic epoxy stuff , seem to do the job . how did you atach the counter ? is it just a case of of rubbing the side of counter down to the curve of the body ? that fixing just seems a bit pants , doesnt seem to be any real placing for it ! the rest of it goes together realy well . cheers

Usually you see the counter mounted to an L-shaped bracket that attaches to the scope mount.
It doesn't actually touch the body at all.

I will have to pick one of these up eventually.
I have one of his Hasbro toy conversion kits and I was very happy with the quality and how nicely it upgraded the toy design.

Very cool! The doopys E-11 kits are great. Just before getting my Sterling I wanted to buy a doopys full kit and a Hasbro blaster upgrade kit to add both of them next to the MR blaster I already had. The doopys are quite accurate and also excellent for trooping too being light.

what glue you guys using on the resin build ?? got the same kit and it looks great but obviously dont want it to fall apart :0

Thank you for asking this question. I have been struggling to identify the "best practice" for this assembly. I have a Doopy Do's kit waiting on my workbench! Can't wait to get started! Thanks again to all who contributed. This thread will be very helpful.

I just picked one of these up. Do you mind sharing the dimensions of the metal bracket used for the scope mount ?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back