Doopydoo's E-11 Blaster (Full Kit)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by Kevin Gossett, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Kevin Gossett

Kevin Gossett Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

My E-11 resin kit from Doopydoo's arrived today, and I have to agree with everyone who has commented on it before: the casting is very nice and clean, very little prep work to be done!

[​IMG]

With that being said, this is for a friend of mine, and I'm not all that familiar with the E-11... I've looked at a lot of reference pics, but I'm still a little fuzzy on a couple of the pieces and their placement. The main body has a few markings for some of the placement, but not everything. Can someone who has done this kit post a couple of pictures highlighting some of the "detail" pieces?

2. vetteboy1982

vetteboy1982 Member

Did you get that from ebay ???? I was watching one there but haven't had any spare money lately. It did look nice though!

3. matt black

matt black Well-Known Member

Hope these help. They are a Doopy Doo kit but on a pipe build not the full resin kit. The detail should be the same though.
    [​IMG]
    By bsac15 at 2011-05-02
    [​IMG]
    By bsac15 at 2011-05-02
    [​IMG]
    By bsac15 at 2011-05-02
    [​IMG]
    By bsac15 at 2011-05-02
    [​IMG]
    By bsac15 at 2011-05-02
    [​IMG]
    By bsac15 at 2011-05-02

4. Kevin Gossett

That does help! Thanks so much :thumbsup

What did you use for the scope mount? That is the only piece that isn't included in the kit. I was thinking just some aluminum stock that can be bent

5. matt black

You are welcome. I would say that if you are using the resin scope then aluminium should be fine. I used a real scope so because of the weight I used brass flat bar.

6. Kevin Gossett

I did get it off ebay, but you can buy directly from their website as well

7. vetteboy1982

vetteboy1982 Member

What website ??Is He a member here? :confused

8. matt black

9. Scandvoice

Scandvoice Active Member

Doopydoo's blaster kit is out of stock right now. But you can get the light version where you have to fix the PVC tube yourself. Check out this tutorial - it might be helpful: The Eternal Darkness
    Plans can be found on PVC BlasterBuildersClub look for Iambubby. ;-)

10. matt black

There are also some members on FISD that sell pre drilled tubes. You can also get them with the T track already installed from one of the members.

11. Kevin Gossett

Alright, so I cleaned everything up and started assembling. I have everything in place except for two pieces that I can't seem to locate in any photos:

[​IMG]

The two small pieces above, which Doopydoo's refers to as: a) magazine retaining screw and b) bayonet lug

Any help there?

Edit: Just found where the retaining screw goes...

12. matt black

On my fifth picture down you can see the magazine screw just under the coiled wires. The bayonet lug goes on the row of holes that don't have the T track in your pic. The lug goes where the hole is filled in. You can just make it out in the sixth picture. Hope this helps.
    I think I have some spare wires left over if you need some.

13. cheech9898

cheech9898 Sr Member

In your pic above you'll see where the 3rd hole is between the t-track andthe folding stock. That's where the bayonett lug goes.

14. Kevin Gossett

Thanks so much! Everything is attached except the Hengstler and scope.

15. Deckard1981

Deckard1981 Active Member

Doopy Doo's kits always seem to be above the standard garage kit, I have built the two DL-44's the offer, but * that E-11 looks sweet, I will now have to have one. Good Luck with the rest of the build.

16. gjw

gjw Member

Looks like they've improved a few of their parts.
    The trageting sensors look a lot better.
    Did you have to modify the front site or did it come like that?
    Mine was pretty much solid resin and I had to drill and file to make the openings on the sides.
    Here's some pic of my kit mounted on a copper pipe.
    I still need to install the t-track and the targeting sensor.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. dayspringxo

dayspringxo New Member

Thanks for this thread. With it I was finally able to put my kit together using the images here as a guide. I have had Doopy Doo's kit sitting in the garage forever. It is a really nice kit.

18. bobamaker

bobamaker New Member

This thread is great for me too, I have one of these kits waiting to be built. It's for my Snowtrooper.

DAZ

19. Kevin Gossett

Thanks everyone! It really is a great kit.

As for the front site, it was solid so I had to modify it by cutting out the openings. Last night I worked on the scope rail a bit. Just needs to be drilled for the scope to mount on

20. propmainiac

propmainiac Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Those blasters look Great! They look every bit as good as the metal one I made awhile back. Is the endcap solid or does it slide a litte onto the body of the gun?

21. Kevin Gossett

It fits onto the end, just like a cap

22. Jm419

Jm419 Sr Member

Nice work here. I really ought to do some TLC on my resin E-11 from Slothfurnace. Maybe get a real scope, too. Ah well, down the road.

23. Kevin Gossett

Everything is assembled... Now just need to fill and sand a couple spots, throw some primer on, and lay down the paint. I'll be doing an undercoat of silver for the body (gold for the scope), and then satin black over the top. Once everything has cured, I'll go back and do some light weathering to let the undercoats show through a bit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. Kevin Gossett

Did a little sanding and filling this morning, then threw some primer on:

[​IMG]

Let it dry, and did a little more sanding this afternoon. Then put on the basecoat silver:

[​IMG]

Going to let that cure overnight, do a little more fine sanding, and then put a couple coats of satin black on :)

As for the spring inside, any good suggestions on that?

25. moonwalker

moonwalker Active Member

Looks good so far !
    Just remember that the grip is made of plastic (gloss black), so no metal weathering on it, caution with this primer ! ;)

26. Kevin Gossett

moonwalker, thanks for the advice! I think I will spray the grips with gloss first and mask them before I do the rest :)

27. propmainiac

propmainiac Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Try apex gun parts. They have the spring, costs about 20 bucks. I used a spring from a nerf gun. Given the time I spent making it fit, I couldve got a real spring. Your Blaster looks great!

28. Kevin Gossett

Just realized I never updated this thread with the finished (mostly) pictures...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. binz

binz New Member

what glue you guys using on the resin build ?? got the same kit and it looks great but obviously dont want it to fall apart :0

30. gjw

gjw Member

I used 5-minute epoxy.
    Probably better stuff out there but this was my first build.

31. Kevin Gossett

I just used super glue... Everything is still holding strong

32. binz

binz New Member

yeh i got some unibond 5 minute plastic epoxy stuff , seem to do the job . how did you atach the counter ? is it just a case of of rubbing the side of counter down to the curve of the body ? that fixing just seems a bit pants , doesnt seem to be any real placing for it ! the rest of it goes together realy well . cheers

33. gjw

gjw Member

Usually you see the counter mounted to an L-shaped bracket that attaches to the scope mount.
    It doesn't actually touch the body at all.

34. binz

binz New Member

ok cool, i'll have to knock up a bracket and sight rail, bit sketchy without destructions but a good kit :)

35. GeneralFROSTY

GeneralFROSTY Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I will have to pick one of these up eventually.
    I have one of his Hasbro toy conversion kits and I was very happy with the quality and how nicely it upgraded the toy design.

36. Starsky

Starsky Member

Which are the best pictures to use as a reference of blasters used in the films?

37. bondservnt

bondservnt New Member

not bad!

38. jkno

jkno Master Member

Very cool! The doopys E-11 kits are great. Just before getting my Sterling I wanted to buy a doopys full kit and a Hasbro blaster upgrade kit to add both of them next to the MR blaster I already had. The doopys are quite accurate and also excellent for trooping too being light.

39. BobbyFromBUF

BobbyFromBUF Active Member

Thank you for asking this question. I have been struggling to identify the "best practice" for this assembly. I have a Doopy Do's kit waiting on my workbench! Can't wait to get started! Thanks again to all who contributed. This thread will be very helpful.

40. Saberbay

Saberbay Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I just picked one of these up. Do you mind sharing the dimensions of the metal bracket used for the scope mount ?

41. Sith Lord

Sith Lord Active Member