DOOM Game (2016)

Indeed. I still haven't played RAGE. But I do find it funny how ID raged about their megatexture technology and how most developers would adopt it and use it for their games. I have not heard of any other game using that.

The last CoD game I was any impressed with graphics wise was CoD 3 and the grass in it. CoD 4 had bullet holes that looked like they were taken from the original half-life :facepalm the ones that followed have not impressed either.

But, but, but REFLECTIVE SURFACES AND LENS FLARE!

One ought to also mention another DOOM-wannabe, Serious Sam :p

But, but, but REFLECTIVE SURFACES AND LENS FLARE!

They will only get you that far, eventually they have to be abandoned. Which some people thankfully did. Other wise EP7 would have looked a whole lot..... shinier, I guess is the word I would like to use :lol

JJSW007.jpg JJSW002.jpg JJSW001.jpg

Having played the beta one thing is apparent, it seems one team gets the folks with high ranks and the other team get people with low ranks. Also the people with higher ranks apparently only need one shot to kill you where as you as a beginner will need two or three, including the rocket launcher.

Also, the controls suck donkey balls. The look around mechanic is slow as hump, and then starts to accelerate :facepalm

Not a nice first impression, at all.

I continue to be amazed at the ****-poor matchmaking and team-balancing systems in multiplayer games. It was one thing when we didn't have in-game ranks and different weapons and unlocked abilities. It's quite another when you stick Rank 40 guys up against a team of Rank 10 guys, and it seems that no game anymore bothers with autobalance to level the playing field. One of the reasons I play so little MP anymore. I just do not have the time or energy to be the fish in someone else's barrel.

I continue to be amazed at the ****-poor matchmaking and team-balancing systems in multiplayer games. It was one thing when we didn't have in-game ranks and different weapons and unlocked abilities. It's quite another when you stick Rank 40 guys up against a team of Rank 10 guys, and it seems that no game anymore bothers with autobalance to level the playing field. One of the reasons I play so little MP anymore. I just do not have the time or energy to be the fish in someone else's barrel.

:lol I hear yah!

My personal favorite have been the Battlefield games. Where you and two friends join a server, out of 10 tries do you actually end up on the same server, on the same team, in the same squad. All other times you usually end up on different teams. Very few times you just might end up on different servers all together :wacko

And it is not like they fixed it between games either. Game after game - same issue.

"But you know, it's really difficult to program that..." Alright, I get that, I really do. But most other games handle it a lot better. So perhaps, I don't know, ask them for help? :p

:lol I hear yah!

My personal favorite have been the Battlefield games. Where you and two friends join a server, out of 10 tries do you actually end up on the same server, on the same team, in the same squad. All other times you usually end up on different teams. Very few times you just might end up on different servers all together :wacko

And it is not like they fixed it between games either. Game after game - same issue.

"But you know, it's really difficult to program that..." Alright, I get that, I really do. But most other games handle it a lot better. So perhaps, I don't know, ask them for help? :p

Right, and if you can't do it, then don't suggest that you can. Although, this is why I tended to prefer finding regular servers on which to play, because I inevitably would find regulars on those servers. Particularly actively adminned servers, which I gather have gone the way of the dodo in PC gaming. It doesn't help that the console versions offer no ability to do any of this, and you're stuck on the game publisher's servers anyway, and with their crappy matchmaking system.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back