Doomsday Meteor

The main engines on the shuttle did not burn for launch? And appeared to be blocked off. Oh and we still fly shuttles on weird launch stacks that stay with the shuttle into deep space?

Can they at least pretend to try? LOL

I'm laughing but also trying to figure out if this production takes itself seriously or if it's a parody of the genre. The trailer is all archetype, archetype, catch-phrase, hyperbole, archetype, hyperbole. Rinse and repeat.

Maybe it's just schlock and not afraid to admit it. We've got VFX worse than Netflix streaming shows. Cheese by the wheel. All shlock. But any good? Who knows.

But...Bruce...Ben... big drill...Billy Bob and his bum leg...Bruce dies. Are we now reverting? "Okay, we have a great, fun movie on the subject. Now we have to make a bad, low budget version of it. Who's with me?!"

I smell “Oscar Bait” regarding this excellent drama that must have been “based upon a true story”, with all the accurate retelling that Hollywood is capable of producing.

I mean, technically, there have been space shuttles and space shuttle launches so it wouldn’t be incorrect to call it “based upon a true story”…

Last edited:
I have a question: How is the Poseidon Adventure the same as Airport? I ask because they are both disaster movies, but both are drastically different from one another.
The formula goes like this:
Take any transport or structure (plane, trains, automobile, ship, space ship, drilling sea-platform, etc...).
Provoke accident (mechanical failure, fire, flood, typhoon, nasty infecting bug, meteor, etc...).
Put several actors together playing different kind of human behaviors (hero, coward, scientist, ex-pilot/special force, fierce woman, psycho, etc...).
Get the budget for extra CGI.
And voilà! A disaster...movie:lol:

The formula goes like this:
Take any transport or structure (plane, trains, automobile, ship, space ship, drilling sea-platform, etc...).
Provoke accident (mechanical failure, fire, flood, typhoon, nasty infecting bug, meteor, etc...).
Put several actors together playing different kind of human behaviors (hero, coward, scientist, ex-pilot/special force, fierce woman, psycho, etc...).
Get the budget for extra CGI.
And voilà! A disaster...movie:lol:
So, Earthquake (1974) is the exception then, as it involves a city and not just a structure or transport, and doesn't involve any CGI. XD

Cue rousing speech about the resilience of the human spirit and dying with dignity in the face of utter devestation.... that's how most of these types ends. Swap the disaster and setting. Rinse, repeat, snort as I wake up from my 2 hour nap as the credits roll.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back