Dooku Cape Chain

Obi-TN

Thanks to a friend, I have the two brooches for the Dooku cape chain, but I don't know what to do about the chain itself:
Dooku.jpg

As you can see in the picture, there are two different sizes to the links. I just noticed that the larger links seem to be two pieces, a silver one and a gold one. Those are held together by the smaller silver ones.
I had bought some chain at Home Depot Sunday, but it's all the same size and not decorative. I was thinking I could cut it up and use the individual links as the larger links and paint the outside gold. With the new realization, maybe I could cast the larger size link, paint half silver and half gold and then find something to use as connector pieces.

Does anyone have some better ideas? Perhaps, know where to buy the correct chain?

See if there's anyone in your area who makes maille ("chainmail" is an inaccurate term) armor. It looks like the links are oval, but it shouldn't be too hard to do.

Originally posted by moviebuff5@Feb 7 2006, 02:10 PM
You may want to look at pager chains and eyeglass chains.

Here is a source.  You may be able to get them to make it with gold and siver.

http://www.nilabindu.com/catalog/product_i...products_id=181
[snapback]1178236[/snapback]​
I looked at the site and it doesn't look like they do any work in gold. Nevertheless, I will ask them about it. Of course, I'm really not looking to pay that much ($65) for it either.

Originally posted by cookiemongoloid@Feb 7 2006, 10:50 PM
How will you make the side brouches?
[snapback]1178709[/snapback]​
A friend made casts of the brouches from the rubies costume. That way I can repaint them in a more accurate color. I will post when I have finished painting. Right now, they just have primer.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back