"Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And DON'T BLINK." My full size WEEPING ANGEL

Re: "Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And DON'T BLINK." My full size WEEPING AN

Very impressed with your work. :) Wish I had space, (& perhaps more skill! :D ), to take on a Weeping Angel build... :)

Re: "Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And DON'T BLINK." My full size WEEPING AN

Apologies for the delay in updates. Too much real life happening at the moment!

So, onto the head next. Prepare for a bit of a shock, the mannequin head I started with looks COMPLETELY ABSURD! :lol It has taken some work to make it a little less ridiculous!

IMG_2333.jpg

Fist off, I mercilessly cut off her ears, then I started to build up the hair, using tissue and PVA glue.

IMG_2610.jpg

IMG_2609.jpg

97bc1e40-9130-4b9c-a05d-565b6491ee2c.jpg

I cut a strip of fabric, and glued over the sides to hide the frayed edges.

IMG_2616.jpg

I then glued this strip onto the head, in such a way as to simulate the Angel's hair band.

449d7f4b-3af8-4bb5-92a2-d455accc69c7.jpg

I then went on building up the hair, until the whole head was covered. Then took the head to the body, and cut the both down so they would fit properly. Then glassed them together.

IMG_2707.jpg

IMG_2711.jpg

Next I cut a piece of thin plastizote to act as her collar. I pinned this in place, then gave it a thin coat of polyester resin.

IMG_2713.jpg

IMG_2714.jpg

Then, just to make her look a little less absurd, I gave her face a coat of grey primer.

BD07DE7A-0D84-4DAC-99A8-BD6B31978242-15399-0000158C3387D0CA_zps1ca4b74e.jpg

:loveI'm loving it! And when you put the head looks that the piece came to life

Been waiting for a up-date :)

Looking great !

Great trick with the "tissue hair".

Each up-date makes me want to tackle this project myself.

Awesome !

MrCafe said it best!

So wonderful can't wait to see it finished.

That's a very cool idea coating the dress in sheetrock mud. I'm assuming you will be waterproofing it at some point or will that be an indoors piece (probably a very dumb question)? But I would love to have something like that creeping people out as they walk up to my house,hehe.

I can't wait to see the wings on :)

Hey Pete SSS,

Very nice work. It's coming along quite well!

Dan S

It's been a while since your last post; are you almost finished..? Can't WAIT to see it!

Excellent work, can't wait to see the end product, any progress on her? :)

This is a great project! Very creative!!

That is looking amazing! Bargain with the mannequin too. cant wait to see it finished!

This looks great. Eager to see it as it progresses.

Sorry to keep you hanging guys. I've been flat out recently working in the industry, not enough hours in the day! I've got a bit more proogress to show, but she's not finished yet I'm afraid. I'll try to update soon. Thanks for the interest!

'Scribing to see this completed. Looks great and I can't wait to be scared by it!!!

Yeah, no way would I want that in my house. Wake up in the middle of the night snd it's standing over me, I starve to death in a staring contest with it.

Beautiful work, terrifies me just looking at it!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back