Limited Run DONE

This was literally just discussed on the previous page.

No, actually it wasn't. The previous guy asked anyone "who had received a deck"....with the intent of making copies.
That would never be allowed.

But, Arconic asked the CREATOR of the cards
(TB-7201)​
to use his card art. That would indeed be allowed, but only if TB-7201 agrees to give him the artwork for the run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi!

Sorry for also "hijacking" this thread, but I was asked some time ago to let people know once my Sabacc-Chips are ready...

xQpSqpV.jpg

So for all the people who'd like some credit-ingots to accompany their decks, here's the link to my run:

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=294928

Thanks again to TB-7201 for his awesome work on the Sabacc-Deck! Just watched SOLO again and am still feeling thrilled to hold these cards in my hands!

Absolutely gutted to have discovered this site and more specifically the run for this deck too late. Congratulations for all your work TB-7201. The cards look incredible. Very jealous of everyone who managed to get a pack!

Edit: Needless to say, if at any point in the future another run were to happen I would be extremely keen!

Last edited:
Yeah, I am still kicking myself for not jumping on this when I had the chance. If anyone has an extra deck they wouldn't mind selling please let me know.

I had an idea this morning, but wanted to get some opinions.

If I were to build on this work wth some of the images used here to create a similar deck, but designed for a poker sized card, and with corner indexes to make the game easier on nearsighted, dyscalclic, and colourblind players, would that still constitute a recast?

You can't scan TB-7201 cards in any way. Taking measurements and precisely duplicating it down to the last detail would also be out as far as many people are concerned.

If you know what the cards look like, or determined what the cards look like by watching the movies or some OFFICIAL source, then you can duplicate the cards including the shape. This would be what we call "from scratch". If you can determine what most of the cards look like from the movie, and then you just LOOK at the pictures in this thread, without taking any measurements for the cards you can't figure out, then that could be acceptable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe there's already another option for all the people who missed out on a deck.
I found a guy on Etsy from Australia who also did a Sabacc-Deck:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/645867...rds&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&organic_search_click=1

Admittedly, the artwork doesn't look as meticulously exact as TB's work, but it still seems like a viable option for actual use as playing cards.
I already ordered a set and will post comparison-pics as soon as they are delivered.

P.S. Of course it would still be cool to have someone else doing screen-accurate cards - if he creates them by himself that is...

Maybe there's already another option for all the people who missed out on a deck.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/645867...rds&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&organic_search_click=1

Admittedly, the artwork doesn't look as meticulously exact as TB's work, but it still seems like a viable option for actual use as playing cards.
I already ordered a set and will post comparison-pics as soon as they are delivered.

P.S. Of course it would still be cool to have someone else doing screen-accurate cards - if he creates them by himself that is...

I been keeping an eye on those. I’ve been waiting to see if anyone posts reviews. So far he does not have any reviews for anything in his store. So I will see how your order goes.

I been keeping an eye on those. I’ve been waiting to see if anyone posts reviews. So far he does not have any reviews for anything in his store. So I will see how your order goes.

Any word yet. I see the seller’s store has since gotten 2 reviews. Both are positive and regarding the deck. However I would like to hear from you.

Any word yet. I see the seller’s store has since gotten 2 reviews. Both are positive and regarding the deck. However I would like to hear from you.

Yeah, got the deck just the other day!
Doing an objektive review is really hard for me, because TB's cards were just perfect...

Here some pix of the "SoloStore"-version:

495VdEi.jpg bfQ9L3l.jpg wI0AXBd.jpg

This is what you'll get:

62 Corellian Spike Sabacc cards
1 faux-leather box (professionally gold-imprinted on both sides)
2 metal-cast golden-finished Sabacc-Dice
1 black sacklet

The overall first impression is really okay. The cards are made of sturdy playing-card-plastic. The box is fine, too.
Giving away dice with the cards is good idea also (though the golden color seems a bit strange in this combo).

But on close inspection these are my main issues regarding screen-accuracy:

1.) Size - the cards are a bit small (about 10cm x 6.5cm). TB's are more like 11cm x 7.5cm, which is closer to the reference estimate of 11.5cm x 7.5cm of the screen-used cards.
2.) Color - the backside seems way too dark. It's more of a dull gold, while it should be a brighter orange. And the red from the frontside is very far on the brown side. So in low light it's hard to tell the two colors apart.
3.) Artwork - actually the part that's personally bothering me the most. Though there has been a lot of reference (SOLO-T-Shirt, Screenshots), the artwork isn't really accurate. The geometrical shapes (see second picture above) are too blocky and don't show the round edges I would have liked to see. And the facecards are done a little too rough.

So depending on the purpose you'd like to have the cards for I'll put it this way:
They are fair-priced and professionally made. If you'd just like a deck of cards to play Sabacc I can still recommend them. (That's what I'll use them for)
But if you are hoping for an accurate replica for display purposes, you'll be dissapointed. (Especially compared to any of TB's former runs...)

So any other people who are working on a deck - we are counting on you!

1.) Size - the cards are a bit small (about 10cm x 6.5cm). TB's are more like 11cm x 7.5cm, which is closer to the reference estimate of 11.5cm x 7.5cm of the screen-used cards.
2.) Color - the backside seems way too dark. It's more of a dull gold, while it should be a brighter orange. And the red from the frontside is very far on the brown side. So in low light it's hard to tell the two colors apart.
3.) Artwork - actually the part that's personally bothering me the most. Though there has been a lot of reference (SOLO-T-Shirt, Screenshots), the artwork isn't really accurate. The geometrical shapes (see second picture above) are too blocky and don't show the round edges I would have liked to see. And the facecards are done a little too rough.

So depending on the purpose you'd like to have the cards for I'll put it this way:
They are fair-priced and professionally made. If you'd just like a deck of cards to play Sabacc I can still recommend them. (That's what I'll use them for)
But if you are hoping for an accurate replica for display purposes, you'll be dissapointed. (Especially compared to any of TB's former runs...)

Just received mine the other day as well - agree with everything Muddler has said above, they'll do for a game of Sabacc (as opposed to Correllian Spike), but the colours are waaaay off from what I've seen of TB's excellent efforts.
The dice were a nice touch, not great, but properly roughed up which feels appropriate for a seedy card game, is at odds with the pristine condition of the cards.

For those interested, I took a shot of the green / red used and ran it through a colour picker. Here's the results:

Green: Judge Gray / Pantone 7771 C / RGB 87 78 60
Red: Rock / Pantone 7596 C / RGB 85 60 50

Am I happy with them?
Yes.
Would I prefer a more colour accurate set?
Definitely.

Doing an objektive review is really hard for me, because TB's cards were just perfect...

Picked up a set of the SoloStore cards awhile back and they just arrived today. My overall impression is that I'm really happy with them. Do they have flaws, sure, but until something better comes along they look good in my collection.

All orders have shipped out. All four runs are completed. There are no plans for further runs. Thank you all for your interest.
Dear TB, are you willing to share your printable files? As for now, your work seems to be the best around. I can find a company here in Antwerp or even the USA to print one deck for me. Greetings

View attachment 850996 View attachment 850997 View attachment 851006

This is what you'll get:

62 Corellian Spike Sabacc cards
1 faux-leather box (professionally gold-imprinted on both sides)
2 metal-cast golden-finished Sabacc-Dice
1 black sacklet

The overall first impression is really okay. The cards are made of sturdy playing-card-plastic. The box is fine, too.
Giving away dice with the cards is good idea also (though the golden color seems a bit strange in this combo).

So any other people who are working on a deck - we are counting on you!

Just received mine the other day as well - agree with everything Muddler has said above, they'll do for a game of Sabacc (as opposed to Correllian Spike), but the colours are waaaay off from what I've seen of TB's excellent efforts.
The dice were a nice touch, not great, but properly roughed up which feels appropriate for a seedy card game, is at odds with the pristine condition of the cards.

For those interested, I took a shot of the green / red used and ran it through a colour picker. Here's the results:

Green: Judge Gray / Pantone 7771 C / RGB 87 78 60
Red: Rock / Pantone 7596 C / RGB 85 60 50

Am I happy with them?
Yes.
Would I prefer a more colour accurate set?
Definitely.

New improved set added to the store. I’m going to give them a shot.
Sabacc Set ( NEW 2019 UPDATED LINEN )

As much as I would love a 5th run deck, I have started to work on my own, I have recreated all of the graphics for the cards, studying screen grabs from Solo, and references from the cards on display in multiple locations. I’m currently working through a prototype deck, the designs are pretty much how I want them, but will be working to get the correct colours for the positive and negative cards.

As much as I love the look of the quality of the cards offered here, they aren’t all super accurate to the screen used cards, when it comes down to some of the graphics, such as the number 5 cards in the square and circular sets both positive and negative are different in the film compared to the ones made out there currently, so I’ve tried to replicate that in my prototypes as you can see. Also there are some elements to the card back that are different too, again which I’ve managed to replicate.

I’m currently struggling on finding the best way to have the cards printed, as to get my prototypes the way they are they’re a little too thick and require too much time and manual work for me to offer them as a run, so I’m open to suggestions and support!

If offered down the line, then I would also make custom leather deck holders, which I’ve made a couple of them already.

Attachments

• 77868A05-6BC0-4F77-887B-C118F9632A71.jpeg
    77868A05-6BC0-4F77-887B-C118F9632A71.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 221
  • 5F689CC5-C82E-4E3E-8F35-4545AD07FC3A.jpeg
    5F689CC5-C82E-4E3E-8F35-4545AD07FC3A.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 137
  • 196DE8B8-C0D9-4D65-8E2B-F40E75E0DBF2.jpeg
    196DE8B8-C0D9-4D65-8E2B-F40E75E0DBF2.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 167
  • C5638438-CA74-4A0F-9720-044153919F55.jpeg
    C5638438-CA74-4A0F-9720-044153919F55.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 157
  • F30EE0D9-FE64-4115-A55D-C5B353D47565.jpeg
    F30EE0D9-FE64-4115-A55D-C5B353D47565.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 145
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back