Limited Run DONE

All orders have shipped out. All four runs are completed. There are no plans for further runs. Thank you all for your interest.

Thank you for your time and effort - gutted I missed out but can understand why you wouldn't want to do another run.
Should you change your mind in the future, I'd definitely be interested.

Cheers :)

Really saddened to hear that these will no longer be available. Is there any chance contacting the manufacturer of the cards to purchase directly through them since they already have the original art files? Sorry to keep harping this thread, but I really need a deck of these, even if it means creating a new set on my own from scratch.

That would basically be recasting, mate. :unsure

curious. I wonder about this often. Basically, the TC is recasting is he not? Did he get permission form Disney to replicate and sell these decks? Are they getting a cut of HIS profit? Just curious here is all. If he has permission to offer these for sale as prop replicas, then great, but if not, how is his replication not "recasting"? Just honestly seeking some info here on this subject. Would love for someone to set me straight on this all. Help me see the difference between what people make based off a Master Prop maker's work for a film or series and the actual Prop which is licensed by the film.

Last edited:
curious. I wonder about this often. Basically, the TC is recasting is he not? Did he get permission form Disney to replicate and sell these decks? Are they getting a cut of HIS profit? Just curious here is all. If he has permission to offer these for sale as prop replicas, then great, but if not, how is his replication not "recasting"? Just honestly seeking some info here on this subject. Would love for someone to set me straight on this all. Help me see the difference between what people make based off a Master Prop maker's work for a film or series and the actual Prop which is licensed by the film.

We all make REPLICAS. While we don't want to start a great debate (like has happened in the past) A replica is okay if you created the replica totally on your own - which includes using any screen captures or casts of the actual prop used in a movie.

Recasting really refers to casting a copy of any of OUR work. You can copy the actual prop but you can't make a cast copy or copy made by scanning of anything made by a person in our REPLICA society.

In short, you can make a copy entirely from scratch of the deck and offer it as your own work and you are copying the deck that from the movie.

You can NOT just run this deck through a scanner, print them out and offer it to anyone. THAT would be recasting.

I understand that. I guess I just can't wrap my head around how someone can take a piece (prop) from a movie, make there version which often times is very close to the original and then sell it without the express permission of the original prop made by a prop master for the film or series. Say I am the prop master who made the actual deck. Now, I have a fan who copies my hard and time consumed work. I personally can't make a deck and sell to someone because I made the deck for Disney who holds the intellectual rights, yet the fan makes 20 decks and profits from the sale of those decks. I get that someone just coping someone's hard work is not ethical, but is it any less ethical than someone selling a copy of the master prop maker's work without the written consent?

don't get me wrong, not trying to stir up trouble, but just trying to see how this double standard works. If I understand your interpretation correctly, you are saying its ok to make a prop and sell it without the express permission of Disney when you net all the profits? Or am I still missing something in the equation?

You've got it. That is the difference between REPLICA and LICENCED-REPLICA.

Simply, whether or not you have permission. Most of us here make non-licenced-REPLICAS.

And if you're on this board more, you'll get the idea. If you sell too many or draw attention to yourself in too big a way, then Disney (in this hypothetical scenario) can serve you with a cease and desist order, telling you to stop. And at that point, you need to STOP.

You see......we drum up interest in the movies and TV, and interested people then go and SEE the movie, or buy the movie. Or our customer's interest benefits the movie in some way. What we do is really a form of advertising. We promote the movie, the characters, the props, etc. and keep people interested in seeing the sequels, prequels and such.

This discussion has been done dozens of times on the forum (more than that). It's very simple: indeed the replica's made here on the forum are 99,99% of the time non-licenced so also illegal. If you can not live with that, you should not be active on the forum. If all replica's made here would need a license, there won't be a single replica offered for sale here. It's as simple as that. So we accept that the replica's here are not under license.

Besides that, my personal opinion is that the quality and accuracy of many replica's here, in many cases are far better than when a company creates replica's under license. The nicest replica's I have in my collection, are non-licensed.

So indeed, we "steal" some intellectual property of the original prop-makers, but in many cases they don't really care, because they made the props for the movie companies, get payed by them, and move on to other projects / other props. But in replicating props, a lot of work and effort is put by fans here on the forum. So probably A LOT of work was done to create the decks in this thread. So just asking somone: "Can I borrow your deck, so I can simply scan them all and recreate them" is a big no-no, because you basically steal all the hard work of the seller in recreating the individual cards probably from scratch. If you recteate them yourself from scratch, not using a deck of this sales thread, then there is no problem off course. Everybody is free to create his own replica from scratch (look at all the lightsabers, grail diaries, iron man helmets, etc, etc...)

Last edited:
All orders have shipped out. All four runs are completed. There are no plans for further runs. Thank you all for your interest.
Hey, I've clearly arrived super late to this thread to get in on a purchase, obviously. Is it possible to share a copy of the card art so those who couldn't get a deck could try and source our own home-made versions? I'd love to get one but i'm not by any stretch the kind of graphic designer i'd need to be to create my own version?

I understand if not, though.

Thanks

Hey, I've clearly arrived super late to this thread to get in on a purchase, obviously. Is it possible to share a copy of the card art so those who couldn't get a deck could try and source our own home-made versions? I'd love to get one but i'm not by any stretch the kind of graphic designer i'd need to be to create my own version?

I understand if not, though.

Thanks

This was literally just discussed on the previous page.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back