Done / Completed DONE

I think glass is anyhow very sensitive to vibrations. The dremel might have started a vibration in the glass, causing it to crack. I think you also have this risk without putting too much pressure on the dremel, to be honest.

I agree. Too many risks trying to enlarge the hole. I noticed this one up for sale out of Italy on EBay with a wider diameter hole already bored out...

IMG_2072.PNG

Received my bottle today and it's absolutely gorgeous! I'm using a different cap that's a bit more accurate. I will add that label later on. Thanks @Sarednab! Worth the wait!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180103/07ea3ac13aadfd4ecdc1957bbab855ad.jpg
That cap looks great. Can you share where you found it?

- - - Updated - - -

I agree. Too many risks trying to enlarge the hole. I noticed this one up for sale out of Italy on EBay with a wider diameter hole already bored out...
When you look closely, you can also see small ships on the inner rim of the hole. I prefere a somewhat smaller opening, then, but with smooth edges. But I'm not going to use the bottle as actual whiskey bottle. I will fill it with Johnny Walker whiskey, just for display.

That cap looks great. Can you share where you found it?

I found that cap under my fiancee's sink on an older bottle of Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs spray tan. Dumb luck really.

SH.jpg

This product is still being produced today, however they have changed the cap it seems to a clear one. You can still find the product on everyone's favorite auction site, but you need to look for real photos of the product being sold instead of stock photos. The 4.4 oz spray bottle is the correct size. All that being said, the cap fits like a glove! No modification needed.

So now anyone who's been wanting great looking tan legs & a more screen accurate cap can get them both in one place!

Last edited:
the cap fits like a glove! No modification needed.

When you say the leg spray cap fits like a glove, does that mean it's water tight?

but it requires a bit more work in getting it to fit. I definitely considered this option.

The Finlandia cap requires work? How much work? Is it at least doable?

I'm still looking for solutions for sealing my whiskey bottle here.

On propsummit they said that the Finlandia cap is a very thight fit, but you can slide it on if you heat up the cap with a heat-gun. I will give it a try, but not with a heat gun, since I might damage the chrome finish of the cap that way. I'll just use good old twist and slide and warm up the cap with my hands.

When you say the leg spray cap fits like a glove, does that mean it's water tight?

It seems that it would be. It's a press fit and is pretty tight and doesn't leak. My bottle just sits on a display filled with water that's been colored to match the hue of scotch.

The Finlandia cap requires work? How much work? Is it at least doable?

I'm still looking for solutions for sealing my whiskey bottle here.

The Finlandia cap requires you pulling out the inner threaded part of the cap then using a heat gun to adjust the fit.

I found that cap under my fiancee's sink on an older bottle of Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs spray tan. Dumb luck really.

View attachment 784545

This product is still being produced today, however they have changed the cap it seems to a clear one. You can still find the product on everyone's favorite auction site, but you need to look for real photos of the product being sold instead of stock photos. The 4.4 oz spray bottle is the correct size. All that being said, the cap fits like a glove! No modification needed.

So now anyone who's been wanting great looking tan legs & a more screen accurate cap can get them both in one place!

Thanks! Found one with silver cap on Ebay for $12 US shipped! Looking around on Ebay I found the price for the same bottle as high as $100 but most others were reasonable price.

View attachment 784545

Am I the only one that received the slightly disturbing text? This is what I woke up to on Wednesday.

“Teecrooz, how would you like to have perfectly tanned legs & an amazing cap for your JW BR 2019 bottle all in the same package? You don’t have to wish anymore!!” :lol

First thing I saw and couldn’t quite figure out what was going on at first. Thank you for sharing this source with everyone!

The silver cap from Hansen Spray Tan arrived. Works good, looks good. Snug fit, but for the people who want it to seal tightly for sloshing around their whiskey in the bottle, this might not be snug enough for you. Also, it has a small relief hole in the top like the cap that came with the repro bottle we all got.

I'm fine with the new cap from Hansen. Works for me when I display my bottle on my back bar shelf with the 2049 bottle, both with whiskey in them. Thanks to Sarednab and fightercaptured. For me this prop is complete. Well done!

Sarednab

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with circa1964 I just got one of these Sally Hansen caps and it fits nicely but I doubt it could be considered water tight. If someone knocked over the bottle I doubt the Sally Hansen cap would prevent the contents from spilling out. My plan, once these silicone toppers arrive, is to mainly use the silicon ones for actual storage but swap them for the Sally Hansen if I'm going to be pouring out a glass for guests or whatever. Looks pretty good though.

cap1.pngcap2.png

I agree with circa1964 I just got one of these Sally Hansen caps and it fits nicely but I doubt it could be considered water tight. If someone knocked over the bottle I doubt the Sally Hansen cap would prevent the contents from spilling out. My plan, once these silicone toppers arrive, is to mainly use the silicon ones for actual storage but swap them for the Sally Hansen if I'm going to be pouring out a glass for guests or whatever. Looks pretty good though.

View attachment 786196View attachment 786197

I think if someone knocks your bottle over you've got bigger problems than the cap. This cap is mostly for display purposes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I got tired of waiting for those silicone toppers to arrive so I have posted my video of this awesome bottle. Apologies it's a long video but it shows everything from unboxing, applying stickers, etc. all the way to the final product. Also, I don't really fully know the history of this project, the crystal version of the bottle etc. and I just talk off the top of my head during the beginning so I also apologize if my information is completely wrong.

Enjoy....

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I got tired of waiting for those silicone toppers to arrive so I have posted my video of this awesome bottle. Apologies it's a long video but it shows everything from unboxing, applying stickers, etc. all the way to the final product. Also, I don't really fully know the history of this project, the crystal version of the bottle etc. and I just talk off the top of my head during the beginning so I also apologize if my information is completely wrong.

Enjoy....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQLhEM3ajBk

This unboxing is REALLY cool!!!! Many thanks man!!!!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back