*Done 5/24* JaggerWolf's Iron Man Mark VI - Or Linebacker Iron Man? Foam Build

JaggerWolf

***Suit is done minus the gloves - Picture below***

So I started this about a week and a half ago and have made it a point to do at least one part a night.

I was pretty happy with it all until I decided to put it all on tonight - I look like a damn tank hahahaha. I am 6' 1" 225lbs, so I knew I was going to be a bit stocky and not able to achieve the signature slimline Iron Man....but wow.

I am thinking of shrinking down the shoulder pieces to start, next I need to do something about the ab section. I already added to it once and it still doesn't cover the way it should - so I may use a tougher material and redo it so I can actually make more of a corset style piece that can be tightened down some.

If anyone has any suggestions I am all ears - this has been my first foam build and I am planning on doing a War Machine build next just to have.

pb291291.jpg
pb291292.jpg

pb291293.jpg

pb291295.jpg

Here is the finished suit minus the gloves -
ironmantest.jpg

Last edited:
Re: JaggerWolf's Iron Man Mark VI - Or Linebacker Iron Man? Foam Build

Jagger
Your suit looks very very cool in those proportions. Do not mess with the shoulders, you will need that bulk for the "V" shape. IMO all you need to do is stop compensating for the extra mid-section in the ab platting. Make new abs in the default scale and stretch the side material around to meet it. that should look awesome. If you look carefully at the randy's doughnut scene in IM2 you will see that the armor really is supposed to bulk you out exactly like your suit does. Your suit is working! You might add one extra ab plate in for gap filling and put extensions on the top and bottom to slip behind the other pieces. Check out my Mark IV if you have any questions and I M me if you want any tips from someone who just did this.

I noticed that you set a pin attachment to your biceps to the shoulder bells. take a look at the way stealth did his shoulder bell attachments it's pretty cool. Just my opinion. Other than that your suit looks great.

Yes the shoulder bells are attached to the bicep - and then they have clips connecting them to the torso armor. They pivot and move great and keeps them from sliding down at all.

I used the default scale that was set in the files from this thread http://www.therpf.com/f24/robo3687s...am-templates-easy-build-green-version-128147/

It seemed most people building it were about my height - Everything fits great except the ab section, and I needed to add a little extra to were the chest and back meet on the sides to compensate for the foam thickness and my chest size.

The arms, Biceps, Legs, and Shins all fit perfect.

i agree with zach keep the shoulders big it looks awesome!!! im a big guy too so i know its tricky scaling things to get that right look. id revise the ab section. im building a foam mk IV and i ran into the same issue with the mid section, man i even started watching what i eat and training harder in the gym to lean up a bit lol.

Yeah! Your suit looks great! I think the only reason the abs seem to stick out is because they do. Meaning first of all they're blue, so your focus tends to go there, and also because it's not tucked under the chest and into the cod. Of course losing whatever extra lbs. you can will only help your proportions. Or you could go with a thinner foam. Pad your feet to give you an extra couple of inches, and with the helmet adding to it, you'll look the part!

Doing a Hulkbuster modification would be really original and would probably look great with your build. That or maybe go for the War Machine armor since that has more girth to it. War Machine looks like a tank, where Mk VI looks like a sports car, know what I mean?

So I haven't been here in a while, life has gotten extremely busy but I made a promise to a buddy of mine that I would finish my Iron Man build for a local Comic Con at the end of this month.

It is about 95% done - Needs the second shoe done, LEDs added, some paint and details - and then the hand.....which I am debating on right now.

helmet2c.jpg

helmet3u.jpg

suit1.jpg

suit2o.jpg

suit3j.jpg

suit4.jpg

suit5.jpg

Well the suit is now done -Well as done as I am probably going to go, skipping the gloves at this time for functionality reasons - Thanks for taking a look!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back