Don Post Deluxe Vader Restoration Project FINISHED! (Pic Intense--new pics page 3)

Re: Don Post Deluxe Vader Restoration Project FINISHED! (Pic Intense--new pics page 3

I've got a Vader helmet (not sure where it's derived from) that I want to get finished come this spring. Your thread has given me inspiration! What kind of bondo are you using? Is it premixed or something you have to mix? I want to get some sharp clean details.

Last edited:
Re: Don Post Deluxe Vader Restoration Project FINISHED! (Pic Intense--new pics page 3

I've got a Vader helmet (not sure where it's derived from) that I want to get finished come this spring. You're thread has given me inspiration! What kind of bondo are you using? Is it premixed or something you have to mix? I want to get some sharp clean details.

:$ Wow, Thanks for all the kind words guys! Steveo I started with regular two-part Bondo auto body filler along the cheeks and sides. Then for the majority of the work I used a tube of Spot-Filler. I kind of wish I had used more of the two-part stuff as it is tougher. I had some repair work to do occasionally when it would accidentally get scuffed or dented and I think the two-part might have been a little more resistant.

It's funny I went slowly with this project to try and get everything right the first time. Now that I've had it sitting next to me in the office for a few weeks I've noticed two areas that I would like to correct--neither of which I can do without ruining everything of course so I'll have to live with it--lol.

For small repair jobs I would recommend magic sculpt. It blends perfectly with the resin, as it is a resin product. It's a two-part product that you can smooth out while working with it, just dab a finger in some water and run it across the surface to smooth.

Fully hardens after 24 hours. Good stuff and perfect for these resin/fiberglass helmets. :thumbsup

And I know how you feel. Curse the perfectionist gene! :lol

Awesome Job! :thumbsup

Great work!!! That came out really nice :love

very awesome! nice job

Back