Done / Completed Domed glass case stand for Trooper Trent's floating Jedi Training Remote

It seems the Shopify page works pretty well for folks. All but six have paid already. There is not a particular rush, as the wood won't be here until next week (despite it being prime), and McMaster just delivered me a box of 3 out of 23 items due to them not taping up the bottom of a box that had heavy steel parts inside.

I purchased on the first run- GREAT project and finish. Mine came assembled; totally happy with it do not hesitate!!! :))

I do a have a bit of a delay in that the laser cutter is being used all this week at work. I will head on Saturday to cut the parts. It takes 20 minutes of machine time per piece, so that is 5 hours of waiting on the machine.

I laser cut that out of 3mm foam rubber. We have some scraps at work so I may be able to provide those with this batch of kits, a few others have requested the same, I will note it for yours.

Good news and bad news:

All the kits are boxed up and ready to ship. You should receive tracking numbers soon. PM me if you don't receive one by tomorrow. All the kits will all go out Monday in the USPS mail.

A few folks requested foam rubber crash pads. However, apparently the scrap bin at work was cleaned out last week and there is no scraps for me to cut the crash pads. The material I was using is this: McMaster-Carr
You can see the material is quite expensive per foot, and without scraps on hand I can't cut any. If you want to make you own you just need to cut a circle of 1/8" foam rubber that is 3.8" (96mm) in diameter.

I have one extra display stand boxed and ready to ship.
Order it at this page below: The shipping price was subtracted from the total, as shopify will add back the shipping.
(If it says out of stock then someone already bought it)

All the kits have shipped. PM me if you didn't get a tracking notification.
A reminder, the video on the first post of this thread is the assembly instructions.

A priority mail flat rate envelope to your address is $7.95. I have a spare from the prototypes so no charge for the actual ring.
You can use my paypal at this link: ZapWizard

I will get your replanned ring out and the last kits tomorrow.

I don’t plan on doing another run of kits, at 30 minutes of laser cutting each it takes a lot of time. I may make the cad files available for cheap.

Had way too many projects in the pipe and to do's.. was nice to sit down and finish one.

For the foam padding below the remote, I found some foam coasters that should be here tomorrow.

bYeIGm1.jpg

I will get your replanned ring out and the last kits tomorrow.

I don’t plan on doing another run of kits, at 30 minutes of laser cutting each it takes a lot of time. I may make the cad files available for cheap.
I received the replacement ring. Thank you so much for doing this.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back