Does anyone make a Millenium Falcon Studio Scale Kit?

It really hit me when, the MR falcon came out, and as thank you, in addition to the artist proofs we were given, we also got a second one UNASSEMBLED.

Frank

What are you saying here Frank? Did I miss something? Are you saying MR released an unassembled studio scale Falcon?

Confused

I think I read somewhere that Brundelfly headed the team that made sure MR got the parts and placements right - they sure are entitled to any goodies from that project.

Even if it took years , the satisfaction or achievement in building your own would trump a kit in any form to me. Something has to be said about the beauty of kit parts attached rather than everything molded . But that is just my meager 2 pennies.

-James

Well we have leaned to something more. STARTER KIT ish.

It would get ya 70% there, the serious folks would have a SPRINGBOARD to build something cool.

And everyone else would have a box of parts.

man, do any of you understand how much work that is? Casting wise? Frank is a damn good caster, I've had some of his kits. He knows his stuff, but a SS falcon- thats still alot of stuff. A LOT.

And not cheap. Im sur eFrank hears that allot "Count me in!" and then...... crikets.

and well, Modelnutz is just that- NUTZ (see ya next week man!)

I'd pay good money for casts of the turrets and mandible access pits if you decide to do a pick and pull menu! Heck! Even some porcshe parts(part on top of the mandibles.

Thanks!

Appreciate that! Im not sure what will even be offered, so...price wise its hard to figure.

I would guess, a graduated or accessory driven thing would work.

Example:
CNC Frame
Sidewall assemblies
Pit Details.
CNC Frame with Sidewall assemblies
CNC Frame with Sidewall assemblies and Pit Details
CNC Frame with Side wall Assemblies and some individual parts.

You get the idea...

Im not sure Ill be casting it. Im going back to building.....and taking a very long break. By the time Moe will be ready to go, and my hands are still good, then we will bang it out.

Im pretty sure he is concentrating on the SLAVE at the moment, and I have the BWING to mold and cast. It's sitting here,....taunting me.

;-)

Often discussed, just as often put on the back burner, after the reality of the project becomes realized by all... especially the one running it.
However regardless of the history - If this goes down I will be purchasing all of the offered items - one piece at a time :D

I think the parts, or subassembly way to do tis is really the way to go. It serves several purposes...

• It makes all the parts "affordable" one at a time,
  • it solves the issue of offereing a kit of the subject, since that has its own storied history...
  • It allows for us to acutally use the "parts" as kitbash fodder for other things - all coolness
I'm on board!

On a related discussed topic - The Slave is awesome, and I hope its affordable as well... Any thought to "parting" that out as well in sub assemblies?
Jedi Dade

I think we should do the slave one as a Build up personally. Same for BWING.

Im tired of making kits.

We are debating that now.

I think we should do the slave one as a Build up personally. Same for BWING.

Im tired of making kits.

We are debating that now.

It really is time to look at that B wing, actually pick it up & start casting!....sorry was I thinking out loud :lol

Slave 1, now I cant even begin to think how and when but I will be there in the Q I would pay to paint one if I had to :love

Honestly....the BWING is a really strange ship. It is so unique...you cant help but LOOK at it.

Ihad some folks over not long ago, one of them was Pat McClune. He and everyone here, got a chance to see the BWING masters.

Needless to say,....the room was VERY quiet. Moe would have been proud of the remarks made.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back