Doctor Who / Jack Harkness Sonic Squareness Gun

FXArtist

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Inspired by the Sonic Blaster used by Jack Harkness and River Song in Doctor Who. I went out looking for one and the only versions I found out there were designed off the drawings of the prop, not the actual prop used on the show (there are quite a few differences).

With hours of research and looking at the actual prop I designed this in Fusion 360. It is 3d printed ABS painstakingly finished to not look like a 3d printed prop. It is almost 11" long. A switch on the bottom of the handle turns on 7 standard blue LED's in the body of the gun (2 on each side and 3 inside the window on the side). Pulling the trigger lights up 6 super bright LED's in the front (four in the front of the gun and 2 that light up the windows on both sides. Magnets hold the handle together so you can open it up to change the batteries as needed (It is running on 2 AAA batteries so it will last for quite a while without need for replacement.

The paint on this is all enamel and lacquer. The handle is hand painted to give the wood look and the silver portions are painted with Alclad II bright aluminum properly sealed and then antiqued with black acrylic.

Jack Harkness Gun.jpg 20160611_192203.jpg

low light firing.jpgwindow side off.jpgother side on.jpgother side off.jpgno flash on and firing.jpgno flash on and firing window side.jpgno flash off.jpgno flash off other side.jpgfront fire.jpgwindow side on.jpg

Jack Harkness Gun.jpg

20160611_192203.jpg

front fire.jpg

low light firing.jpg

no flash off other side.jpg

no flash off.jpg

no flash on and firing window side.jpg

no flash on and firing.jpg

other side off.jpg

other side on.jpg

window side off.jpg

window side on.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Rubbertoe Replicas used to sell them, but I don't see them for sale anymore on their website. They'd be about as accurate as you could get, since they made them for the series.

They still have pictures of them on their website. Great reference for building your own! GALLERY | rubbertoereplicas
Go to the "Gallery" page, and then click "Other cool stuff and past props".
You can then scroll through the pictures for reference - there's a LOT of pics!

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 9.25.27 AM.png

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back