DL-44 costume for my C96

trevorsworth

Hi guys, I have a nice (live) C96 pistol with plenty of history that I have absolutely no intent to permanently convert into a DL-44 prop. But the original reason I bought this thing as a kid was, of course, STAR WARS. I wanted Han Solo's blaster so bad.

So here's what I'm working with.

1595546865467.png

Obviously the 5.5" barrel on an unaltered Broomhandle is too long for a truly accurate replica... but that doesn't bother me that much. I am never going to make any permanent modifications to this gun (or any other original C96) so it will just have to be a long-barreled DL-44.

What I'm wondering is if anyone has ever tried to make a dress-up kit for a live C96 - a sort of reversible costume - with friction-fit (magnetized?) components, and how that looks. Is it worth the trouble?

I thought this might present an interesting challenge and I am still kicking ideas around on my workbench. If I only had a 3D printer...

Magnetizing brackets for scopes might be do-able, your problem might be the business end. The ANH has a fatter barrel and a big FH, and the ESB and ROTJ guns both have FH ...you'd have to mill out a channel for the front sight in the cone of the muzzle?

Build a greedo killer ..barrel is stock .

it isn't... plus there'd be no way to fit the flash hider over the front sight post.

Unfortunately... the barrel is your issue for ANY star wars blaster... the Stembridge ROTJ is the ONLY one with a full length barrel... but even it had the sight post removed to fit a flash hider.

Either time to star cutting... or get a replica.

Is that gun numbers matching?

it isn't... plus there'd be no way to fit the flash hider over the front sight post.

Unfortunately... the barrel is your issue for ANY star wars blaster... the Stembridge ROTJ is the ONLY one with a full length barrel... but even it had the sight post removed to fit a flash hider.

Either time to star cutting... or get a replica.

Is that gun numbers matching?

Numbers matching, extremely early new safety model, never refinished or mucked with in any way although it has been shot to hell. Definitely not doing any chopping on it and it looks like the flash hider will make things a little too difficult. I was thinking I could fashion a clamshell flash hider but that would require a lot of prototyping on a 3D printer.

Yeah something like a clamshell could work. If the sight is short enough to fit under a flash hider, you could just cut the flash hider in half, carve out space for the sight, and fit it around the end of the barrel (maybe with magnets so it just snaps in place?). There will be a very obvious seam though.

Its worth noting that the first gun to get dressed already had a replaced barrel and something like a threaded hole or adapter at the tip, no front sight.

The live firing guns from the other movies were cut in one way or another like Scott said, they had already kind of committed to the machine gun flash hider on a pistol look and probably used not great rentals to alter

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back