DL-21 Blaster (Ponda Baba)

necroposting! - if it makes you feel any better, I just started to look into this blaster and really dig it. How did this turn out? Got any pics after getting the mortar fin?

I sent it to that ***hole SwampDonkey so he could machine a barrel for me. He took my money, gun parts, and mortar fin. Needless to say, I haven't finished.

Super old thread, I know, but this image is available on the 501st site. It's not super high res but is a decent enough size. I'd love to see someone make one of these. I'm planning to do it myself once I've finished my many ongoing projects - hoverboard, Harley Quinn bat, raptor claw, Robocop auto-9 conversion and too many others to list (I think I need to learn some self control when it comes to starting and finishing projects! :facepalm).
800px-DZ_pondababa_blaster.png

Hehe... That's my blaster, which I keep meaning to improve some...

Super old thread, I know, but this image is available on the 501st site. It's not super high res but is a decent enough size. I'd love to see someone make one of these. I'm planning to do it myself once I've finished my many ongoing projects - hoverboard, Harley Quinn bat, raptor claw, Robocop auto-9 conversion and too many others to list (I think I need to learn some self control when it comes to starting and finishing projects! :facepalm).
View attachment 702580

Nice job Kurty Boy! Should have know it would belong to someone on the RPF :D. What are you looking to improve on it? Did you find any decent source material? I've only really found the BTS photos in the Cantina but not much to go on...

Hehe... That's my blaster, which I keep meaning to improve some...

That's weird this thread popped back to the top just as I was printing two of the front flash hiders for this blaster to test my 3D printer.
They don't print bad if you want a distressed paint job. I don't want to put in the time in puttying and sanding to make them
super smooth. I already have my DL-21 finished.

IMG_0485.jpg

This blaster really needs to be made either as one solid resin piece or using the real metal parts only. I had a lot of trouble building mine, it didn't come with a barrel, nor did it have any resin to install the grip, and using the original mortar fin included with the barrel made it very front-heavy. I believe the whole hoth blaster was cast in resin with a section to slide the l2a3 grip onto. most likely built up with clay and molded into the blaster itself.

I've got an extra Weaver 29s scope part for sale in the JY now if anyone needs it.

Still trying to find the elusive scope bracket as well as the rest of the scope to put on my Odiwan72 resin blaster.

I've got an extra Weaver 29s scope part for sale in the JY now if anyone needs it.

Still trying to find the elusive scope bracket as well as the rest of the scope to put on my Odiwan72 resin blaster.

Isn´t it strange that you helped me to get my hands on my real AR7s, while you don´t have one yourself!!?

Considering this blaster is still out of reach for a lot of people - I wanted to ask if people knew some background of rental companies of that time.

We see a lot of screwed up or altered guns appear in Star Wars that were used in weird ways in other films.

I just saw a stripped AR-7, without the handle, with a silencer and painted gold in a 70s episode of the outer limits! It was used in a surveyor as a secret spy gun.

Is it possible the prop team in 1976 got one without a handle on it like this?

I'm still leaning toward the possibility of the grip being a vehicle antenna spring. The shape of modern ones matches very closely, though I haven't found any that are long enough.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back