DL-18 Jabba's Palace Blaster Scope Discussion

lmakeltraln

been on the hunt input appreciated
the marker cap is "very" close
perhaps the electrical tester lead as the front merged with the marker with the radio button knob at the end
20100409SAWG_fg43a.jpg

Capture.JPG

Hey those were my probes!

Yea, so the scope tapers back to front, weirdly, it's not a cylinder, let me pull some pictures.
The first one is from Kurtyboy and afaik was posted publicly. The others I have are not.
DL-18.jpg
EP6-POL-0046-853x1024.jpg
PBTop.jpg
PBRight.jpg

and I pulled some more detail out of the OPB photos, I didn't realize how polished the front curve of the scope was.

PBRight.jpg
PBTop.jpg

And there were a lot of them on set
starwarsVI_1541.jpeg
starwarsVI_1624.jpeg
starwarsVI_1654.jpeg
starwarsVI_1528.jpeg

Theres even one in a private photo with the Yuma saber, a different take on the deck.

Hey those were my probes!

Yea, so the scope tapers back to front, weirdly, it's not a cylinder, let me pull some pictures.
The first one is from Kurtyboy and afaik was posted publicly. The others I have are not.
View attachment 1636383View attachment 1636384View attachment 1636385View attachment 1636386

and I pulled some more detail out of the OPB photos, I didn't realize how polished the front curve of the scope was.

View attachment 1636387View attachment 1636388

And there were a lot of them on set
View attachment 1636391View attachment 1636392View attachment 1636393View attachment 1636390

Theres even one in a private photo with the Yuma saber, a different take on the deck.
Amazing pictures. I did not mean to discredit you if you posted that same photo. I took that right from an eBay listing

Lol that’s okay, I thought that was my photo… I bought some from eBay years ago. The rips on the cord look so familiar……

Carry on

I've certainly done my fair share of searching for the 'scope' over the years and have always come up empty. Old oldering iron and tester probe were the two areas I looked at. Definitely appears to be a found object and I would guess black. The shiny portion is where the paint has rubbed off, what I see anyway.

its hard to tell but there are two dots on the top of the scope. The rods (threaded or smooth) used to glue the scope to the gun run through the whole scope body, and the tops were cut/puttied and sanded flush and painted.

100% agree, makes the most sense. Then just 'fill' over the screw heads, sand, and paint.
Considering the size of those dots, and the diameter of the rear sight holes, I stuck long screws through the scope body and dremelled the heads off. Looks exactly like this, I’m thinking this is the diameter of the threaded portion of the screw. Puttied, sanded and painted over of course lol

its hard to tell but there are two dots on the top of the scope. The rods (threaded or smooth) used to glue the scope to the gun run through the whole scope body, and the tops were cut/puttied and sanded flush and painted.

That's funny because years ago when I was working on mine, I did that exact same thing with a scratchbuilt scope. I felt kind of stupid doing it that way, but apparently it was spot on!

I've been looking at the scope and i believe the whole thing is a marker pen. I have a strong memory of using a felt tipped marker with a 'grip' like that on art projects in the 80s Can't for the life of me remember the make though.

I’ll dig through some markers too. The full length is much longer than the DL-18 scope length, almost a half longer or more

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back