Divergence Starfire Construction?

glittergunk

First post so let me know if I'm posting this in the right place.

I'm planning on starting construction on DC's new starfire design, and I wanted to get some feedback on my plans before I purchased all the supplies.

For the wig, I was planning on getting Arda's Ororo in the color Pumpkin (link contains all 3 colors listed) as a base and then adding wefts in Light Copper Red and Peach underneath to get the gradient effect, although I'll likely dye the pumpkin to be slightly more red.

For the orange bodypaint, I'm leaning towards Mehron liquid face and body paint in orange, possibly mixed in a 1:1 ratio with lotion? I've never done full bodypaint, but i do know that I want to stay clear of ben nye and PAX, and mehron seems to be the next most commonly used for Kori cosplayers.

Going to just purchase 15mm circle lenses for the green eyes.

Now for the costume itself, I want to use purple 4-way stretch metallic spandex and silver 2-way stretch faux leather. My biggest concern is making all the circular cut-outs look clean. Does anyone have any advice or resources for that piece? So far, I've just seen people leave raw cut-out edges, but that way, the circles end up stretch out and loosing their shape. I'm not sure if piping would hold it's shape the way I'd like it to, either. Another option would be to just do a zig zag stitch around the area before cutting around the edge, but that doesn't exactly provide for a clean, finished look either.

For the time being, I'm going to cast resin for the green "gems" on the top and shorts. I would like to make them light up, but I'm not sure of how to fit LEDs and wiring and all into such a small space, and the spandex wouldn't exactly aid in hiding the excess bulk.

Might not be what you're looking for in terms of accuracy or realism, but what if instead of the cutouts you sewed orange fabric in those spots? I know it probably isn't ideal but if done correctly it could look nice and save you the headache of those holes stretching (and less bodypaint required)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back