Unlimited Run District 9 - Assault Rifle Kit V2

tmax

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
UPDATE: Each D9 Weapon now has it's own thread...
SMG
- Unlimited Run - District 9 Submachine Gun Kit
Exo Suit Rifle - Unlimited Run - District 9 Exo Suit Rifle Kit
Sonic Wave Gun - Unlimited Run - District 9 Sonic Wave Gun Kit
Assault Rifle - this thread

On offer here we have a full scale 3D printed kit of the Assault Rifle from District 9.

AqFIGFC.jpg

This is the new Version 2 design and is even more accurate with many details updated…

v1%203.jpeg

v1%209.jpeg

v1%205.jpeg
v1%2013.jpeg

The kit will come in numerous parts so the usual kit assembly, clean-up and prep is required. But the results are well worth it!

IMG_2696.jpeg

My finished AR...

fvqaaPk.jpg

Build thread here...
District 9 Assault Rifle Build - Finished! (Pic heavy)
Note: My build was the prototype kit and we have since improved the design significantly.

Price is as follows...

Assault Rifle Kit - $290
US Shipping - Free
Canada - $35
International- $50

Send payment to my paypal account - tarrymortlock@gmail.com

Please ensure payments are in USD. Don't forget to include your RPF name, your address and your phone number in the Paypal details (don't PM me your address), then post in this run that you have paid and I will update the list below. Kit's will be sent out in the same order of payments received.

Again, kits are being sent out in order of payments received. So the sooner you pay the earlier on the list you will be.
Timing of production would come down to numbers, but you'd want to allow a few weeks for sure.

@Soulinertia has offered to do a run of vinyl stickers for each D9 weapon! Those who have purchased from @Soulinertia know just how talented he is and the excellence of his work. Super stoked to have him on board! His thread for stickers is here...
Interest - District 9 Decals - Assault Rifle, SMG & Exo-Suit Rifle

Thanks guys! Hope you enjoy these awesome guns.
Cheers,
T.

Purchase List:
1. @lmt88 - Received
2. @PAULH - Received
3. @ScottageCheese - Received
4. @Rod A - Received
5. @CalamitysChild - Received
6. @sean - Received
7. @xenochimp - Received
8. Lauren (etsy) - Received

As requested in our other runs I've done a video tutorial on 3D kits. Pretty basic stuff, but if you're new to building 3D kits you may find these helpful. These videos will focus on the SMG kit, but as I point out, the same principles will apply to any of our 3D printed kits. Please excuse the cheesiness... shot and edited on the iphone. :facepalm

TMAX PROPS - Introduction
First up is a bit about me, my thoughts on build threads and some info on the SMG kit.

Part 1: Prep Work
In this vid we will address kit assembly and surface preparation.

Part 2: Paint, Weathering, Decals & Finishing
In this video we tackle painting, weathering, decal application & finishing

Last edited:
Re: District 9 Weapon Kits (3 variants available)

Best of luck Tarry,

Great guy to deal with I would have no hesitation in recommending :thumbsup

Wish I had the cash Bro. I would be on top of this in a heart beat. Awesome for you to offer this up. :thumbsup

I am all in on the sub machine gun. I have the WETA reproduction assault rifle and I love it. Really would be all about adding a baby brother.

Best of luck Tarry,

Great guy to deal with I would have no hesitation in recommending :thumbsup

Thanks mate, so appreciate your input on this run.

- - - Updated - - -

Wish I had the cash Bro. I would be on top of this in a heart beat. Awesome for you to offer this up. :thumbsup

Cheers bro, super stoked to be able to offer these to fellow collectors.

I am all in on the sub machine gun. I have the WETA reproduction assault rifle and I love it. Really would be all about adding a baby brother.

They'll look amazing on the wall together! 1st on the interest list.
Cheers.

The sub machine gun is my favourite, I never got around to converting a gun yet.

I have the three District 9 guns Weta originally sold - the arc generator, assault rifle and gas projector. I always wished they would offer some of the other weapons. The one I really wanted next was the AMR-B43 Sonic Blaster as it has some great screen time. I was even ready to buy their Elysium Chemrail but unfortunately there was little interest and it got cancelled. I love the D9 submachine gun and if I had any kit building skills whatsoever I'd be all over this. Best of luck with your run. Your assault rifle looks amazing!

The sub machine gun is my favourite, I never got around to converting a gun yet.

Yeah, it may well end up being mine too. Love the look and shape of the sub!

I have the three District 9 guns Weta originally sold - the arc generator, assault rifle and gas projector. I always wished they would offer some of the other weapons. The one I really wanted next was the AMR-B43 Sonic Blaster as it has some great screen time. I was even ready to buy their Elysium Chemrail but unfortunately there was little interest and it got cancelled. I love the D9 submachine gun and if I had any kit building skills whatsoever I'd be all over this. Best of luck with your run. Your assault rifle looks amazing!

You got all 3?!! Mate, well done!

We may well look at other weapons down the line, depends on how these runs go. Oh and don't sell yourself short, these kits aren't complicated. Some glue, sandpaper, paint and you're good to go! Would make a great first kit. :thumbsup

I'm interested in both the AR and SMG. If possible, can you do a YT video on finishing these? I've never done a project like this, so I'm a bit nervous.

Wow, great work and some great photos!! Please may I go on the list for a SMG.
Thanks.

Awesome work!

Interested in the Submachine gun.

Cheers, Scott

Put me on the List for an assault rifle brother. I will see If I can scrape some fundage together..(y)thumbsup

- - - Updated - - -

Put me on the List for an assault rifle brother. I will see If I can scrape some fundage together..(y)thumbsup

I'm interested in both the AR and SMG. If possible, can you do a YT video on finishing these? I've never done a project like this, so I'm a bit nervous.

Added to the list.

Yeah I could do a build video as I plan to make both the submachine gun and the exo suit rifle to go with my AR. These aren't hard kits to build, they just take time. But I'm more than happy to give any advice needed. Cheers.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, great work and some great photos!! Please may I go on the list for a SMG.
Thanks.

Thanks Paul. You're added. Cheers.

- - - Updated - - -

Put me down for an AR, please!

You've been added. Cheers.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome work!

Interested in the Submachine gun.

Cheers, Scott

Thanks Scott. I've put you down. Cheers.

- - - Updated - - -

Done! Cheers bro. Stoked to have you on board. :thumbsup

- - - Updated - - -

i would be down for a sub machine gun.

No problem. You're added. Cheers.

Some great news, Soulinertia has offered to do a run of vinyl stickers for each D9 variant! Those who have purchased from Soulinertia know just how talented he is and the excellence of his work. Super stoked to have him on board with this run!

The plan will be to supply each graphic set pre-cut in the correct coloured vinyl for each graphic. The inserts will be un-weeded so that you can either use the vinyl inserts on your weapon, or you can weed out the inserts and use the surrounding vinyl as a stencil to paint on your graphics instead. This was how I did my AR and it worked incredibly well. I then used the left-over inserts on my custom stand which turned out great! Bonus.
Soulinertia will commence the design work, then update us with pricing, etc, on his own separate run.

Cheers guys!

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back