Distressing sheepskin?

howlingwind13

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have decided to weather my man with no name costume. After years of it being in storage and only worn once...it's time to dirty up the vest.
I made it from a thrift store women's coat... Unfortunately I did not save any of the pieces I cut off to use as a test scrap piece.
Any tips on making the good the bad and the ugly vest look less new and more like Eastwood's vest? It really is a filthy vest in the film...and this material stains easily.

Attachments

• IMG_20181227_124606300.jpg
    IMG_20181227_124606300.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 125
You can use shoe polish for weathering the vest. you can also use paint and airbrush for this. There are also some "dirt kits" available in the market for making costumes/apparels dirty but they generally contain nuts and can be hazardous to someone with nut allergy. You can check out all of the option. I would suggest you to first test with shoe polish and practice a little on rough piece of clothing first to get an idea of what kind of "dirty look" you want.

I have decided to weather my man with no name costume. After years of it being in storage and only worn once...it's time to dirty up the vest.
I made it from a thrift store women's coat... Unfortunately I did not save any of the pieces I cut off to use as a test scrap piece.
Any tips on making the good the bad and the ugly vest look less new and more like Eastwood's vest? It really is a filthy vest in the film...and this material stains easily.
Fullers earth, is the old movie stand by..also tea stain.do ya' have gunbelt ?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back