distortions pred p1 mask repair and restoration

frosty

Sr Member
This project started out around 25 years ago, when I saw an add in fangoria magazine for a pred mask, I fell in love with it and hoped one day to pick it up, as a kid from Liverpool England there wasn't much chance in that.
predator-mask_zpsza2wgpvj.jpg

Years later I mentioned my love of this mask to a fellow collector who then said, I've got one,and even better it was for sale!, I did a deal and the mask was mine
When it arrived I was not very impressed, the mask was cool and huge, but it was also filthy and badly painted, disappointed I boxed it up and put it in storage.
DSC06062_zpsop57s6vs.jpg

Till now, around five years later I was going through boxes and found it again, so I decided to fix it up, repair the tears and wear and tear on the now 25 year old mask
here it is now, fixed up and repainted, pretty pleased to have it now, I added a cannon and mount to the shoulder, I may add some quills to it if I can find some
DSC06088_zpsr2rojox6.jpg

DSC06089_zpsvkmof39z.jpg

Man ... I can understand why you "weren't impressed" with the initial mask ... what is impressive how you saved it with a repaint! It looks Great!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back