Displaying your lightsaber collection

Some great displays in here! Attached is what I finished setting up a couple of months ago in my cinema room for my OT hilt collection which aren't enough to fill the large cabinet so I grabbed a number of other items to fill out the other shelves. Love seeing someone else with the Heir to the Empire trilogy on display as well and the fact they just so happen to be using awesome Darklyte stands like me LOL!

I do also like the idea of simply hanging the hilts from their belt hanging loops from a nice length of wood attached to the wall much like my guitars are in my last photo below, giving a more "ready for use" feeling of being able to grab one and go. This would also be handy once they're all FX installed with blades attached ;)

Nice setup you've made so far SithApprentice, really like the simple rustic wood panels you've used which contrast nicely with the hilts and grounds them a bit more in practicality :D

So clean!!

Yeah I miss the Darkyte stands - an elegant stand for a more civilised age.

My all time favorite stands... I really should have just bought one of each and sat on them..

His nerfworxlabs stuff was beautiful... really wish I had all of those

Anyone know if he says he’ll be back? Or just done for good?

I feel like he posted some extras he found recently on his facebook, but no official plans to make more that I am aware of.

Here's my one, lonely "Lightsaber collection". It's The Graflex Shop version with a wannawanga calc bubble strip and some grips from...I can't remember where. Haven't put the belt clip on yet. The acrylic stand was custom made to some measurements I provided to a stand supplier on Etsy and the fantastic aluminum plaque was made by Ariel Martinez - http://amcustomplaques.com (and is the same size as the old ICONS plaques which is what started me off on this whole prop collecting hobby in the first place).

Attachments

• 20200429_124325-1.jpg
    20200429_124325-1.jpg
    469.7 KB · Views: 155
  • 20200429_123122-1.jpg
    20200429_123122-1.jpg
    642 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Valheru, panaflex, troopertrent, my ideal setup is kinda of a mash of all yours. I think I would rather have a wall mount box. (Because of the stair stringer and studs in my basement, I don’t think I can do what I first wanted, a in-wall case)

But I want something that’s thinner like panaflex’s I don’t want it Sticking out really far from the wall.

I want my sabers displayed in a “suspended” horizontal way like troopertrents (and now mine)

Lighted and a nice attractive finish like valheru’s.

Also Valheru, do you recall the name of that cabinet you have?

Thanks, there was some old weathered boards left at the shed of my new place, thought it might look nice with the weathered wood vs clean wood.

Thanks SithApp :)

The cabinet is from an online store called Metro Displays but they only supply nationally to Australia sorry (and I have suggested they look into the overseas market just based on the amount of compliments the cabinet got when I posted similar photos to a Facebook OT prop collection group, but they declined and said they were busy enough with just Australia). Mine is the MSC-241 (under "Display Cabinets - Uprights") in black but with LED lights included on request: Display Cabinets, Glass Showcases and Counters - Metro Dsiplay

Had a delivery come in from romans today. Only since it’s May the Fourth I’m gonna show off the new additions.

What and where did you get the holders you're using for your sabers? Can you post a pic of one without a saber?

EDIT: I looked back and just saw your stands on page 2. I like the suspended look, I was hoping you had found them from a hardware store or something instead of 3D printed.

Valheru, thanks for that link, but yeah, I’m not in Australia. I have a guy that’s making some kitchen cabinets for me, I may have to ask him if this display case is possible for him....

James Kenobi, I got them off Etsy. I have 5 more coming tomorrow. They are a pretty good deal, 5 for $20, I like that they are low profile. You barely see the mount. I was worried about putting my MK1s on them (weight) but they seem plenty strong.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back