Displaying your lightsaber collection

As promised... it's a little messy since it's a place for display and 1 of my 4 places for ongoing projects, I'm not very organized. So like, my V2, DV6, resin cast sabers, 2 other stunt sabers with blades and guns are in another room. You don't want to see that room lol

This is very sturdy Bamboo, held together with allen bolts. The back scallops are bigger than the front, for wine bottles, so you can choose where to put T track and skinny necks
IMG_1305.jpeg

I built this one about 15 years ago and the lights were halogen. LED lights like this weren't available then, or were very expensive. I thought "How hot can tiny halogen lights get?" Hot enough to warp acrylic lightsaber covers, that's how hot! So I will be replacing them with LEDs eventually. I don't use them any more other than to flip them on long enough to take a picture. I used the maple stain I'd used before, but they changed it and it was a LOT more orange so I will probably make another one eventually.
ESkd2G9.jpg

I seeing all these displays. Mine are scattered all around the house, on various stands. Nothing near as nice as most of these.

I built this one about 15 years ago and the lights were halogen. LED lights like this weren't available then, or were very expensive. I thought "How hot can tiny halogen lights get?" Hot enough to warp acrylic lightsaber covers, that's how hot! So I will be replacing them with LEDs eventually. I don't use them any more other than to flip them on long enough to take a picture. I used the maple stain I'd used before, but they changed it and it was a LOT more orange so I will probably make another one eventually.
View attachment 1293601

Very nice work !

Thanks for all the responses.

Panaflex, somerset, and Sluis Van Shipyards has the setups most like what I’m wanting.

I don’t think my in-wall idea will work because of the basement stairs/framing issues. So will need a die cast car like display case, maybe, something like that.

I remembered back when I used to be active here years ago a guy that went by oohyeah had a nice setup. I actually found a few remaining photos online.

I want mine to be mostly like that. Not sure if there’s a case I could buy, or have to have one custom made. Just don’t want a really deep case for a aluminum tube that’s 1.5” round lol.

I got these 3D printed mounts till I locate my future case. Maybe I’ll get my temporary display made up this weekend.

Thanks guys.

Attachments

• FE20AC96-8A6F-4FF5-85ED-142A69206B24.png
    FE20AC96-8A6F-4FF5-85ED-142A69206B24.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 178
  • 3520385B-195C-49F6-B512-7B1BB033EEEA.jpeg
    3520385B-195C-49F6-B512-7B1BB033EEEA.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 150
Alright, threw together my temporary display till my basement is finished and I find the display case I want. I probably have more time to do that then I’d like

Edit, yeah, imma need more of the mounts, I didn’t realize how crazy I was gonna get when I ordered em, lol.

Attachments

• EF305DD6-4CAE-4867-BA91-435C2D16DF47.jpeg
    EF305DD6-4CAE-4867-BA91-435C2D16DF47.jpeg
    917.9 KB · Views: 156
  • D3DA906F-848A-4367-81E9-F9BBA5180ADF.jpeg
    D3DA906F-848A-4367-81E9-F9BBA5180ADF.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 185
  • 329EFE1E-C2A0-471D-9110-770B5FF24E4F.jpeg
    329EFE1E-C2A0-471D-9110-770B5FF24E4F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 173
Trooper_trent was too modest to link directly to his post, but I think his setup is one of the more elegant and proper looking displays I've ever seen.

BILLY Ikea case with wine racks installed.

Some great displays in here! Attached is what I finished setting up a couple of months ago in my cinema room for my OT hilt collection which aren't enough to fill the large cabinet so I grabbed a number of other items to fill out the other shelves. Love seeing someone else with the Heir to the Empire trilogy on display as well and the fact they just so happen to be using awesome Darklyte stands like me LOL!

Right now its Ikea cabinets and good old Darklyte stands, I plan on replacing it all with floating shelves eventually though.View attachment 1293254

I do also like the idea of simply hanging the hilts from their belt hanging loops from a nice length of wood attached to the wall much like my guitars are in my last photo below, giving a more "ready for use" feeling of being able to grab one and go. This would also be handy once they're all FX installed with blades attached ;)

Nice setup you've made so far SithApprentice, really like the simple rustic wood panels you've used which contrast nicely with the hilts and grounds them a bit more in practicality :D

Attachments

• 20200309_024005.jpg
    20200309_024005.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 189
  • 20200309_023813.jpg
    20200309_023813.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 213
  • 20200309_024322.jpg
    20200309_024322.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 184
Valheru, panaflex, troopertrent, my ideal setup is kinda of a mash of all yours. I think I would rather have a wall mount box. (Because of the stair stringer and studs in my basement, I don’t think I can do what I first wanted, a in-wall case)

But I want something that’s thinner like panaflex’s I don’t want it Sticking out really far from the wall.

I want my sabers displayed in a “suspended” horizontal way like troopertrents (and now mine)

Lighted and a nice attractive finish like valheru’s.

Also Valheru, do you recall the name of that cabinet you have?

Thanks, there was some old weathered boards left at the shed of my new place, thought it might look nice with the weathered wood vs clean wood.

All great displays. mine is very simple for now. I have added 7 more not seen in this pic. I would like to have the room to make a display like the on described in the Rogue squadron series, the emperors trophy room, has anyone tried that?

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 109
Heres more of my mess! Ive got a cabinet from my grandpa who passed away a couple weeks ago - and in it ive been grabbing these wooden stands from thrift stores. Theyre always with the wooden crap or fake flowers, i think they held glass tubes lengthwise with flowers or scent in them. Its hard to describe but a very dated decor item
20200503_113555.jpg

That DV6 needs to get finished...

For the "thin neck" i screwed a bit of tube and a cut pipe into it to cradle the thin neck at the same height as the booster end
20200503_113636.jpg

I forgot I had this and I think I posted it when I first built that shelf above. So if anyone is interested here are the dimensions. It was a quick and dirty build so no fancy joints, I just screwed in through the side for the shelves and filled over the screw holes. I also would probably make each shelf thicker and do a fancier router job for the lights. I just cut a hole through each shelf and the hole (with light) are hidden by the display stands. I think I used Poplar wood so you could only go fancier from there. :D

fGLBXup.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back