Display ideas?

AustinVO

Hi all! I've been starting to collect more and more screen-used props/memorabilia, mostly from PropStore.com, and I'm curious what ways people have found to display their collections? I'm mostly keeping my items in storage until I move to an apartment large enough to handle them, but custom framing and/or museum-style acrylic display boxes are often hugely expensive, and I'm not sure what I'd do in order to also have relevant reference images displayed alongside the props. Any thoughts/ideas are welcome! Thanks!

This is a good thread to look through. It is so old, so some of the oldest pages no longer have photos that show up, but there are still plenty of pages to look through to see how people have been displaying stuff.

Like has been said, it all depends on what pieces you have. I collect genuine prop helmets and have them in Ikea Billy bookcases (where I live you have deep versions of those). I also have a Ikea Detolf (which I have raised from the floor, as it is not that high).

Thanks for the thoughts, I'll look into those! At the moment, I'm actually wondering how folks have made those custom frames/mats for smaller/flatter props, things like this, how do they get monogrammed like this? Is it some kind of professional framing service I should look for?

Thanks for the thoughts, I'll look into those! At the moment, I'm actually wondering how folks have made those custom frames/mats for smaller/flatter props, things like this, how do they get monogrammed like this? Is it some kind of professional framing service I should look for?
Those frames have laser-cut inlays. There are several people/companies doing that. You might want to search the big Facebook prop group, as there that questions has been asked and answered many times over: Movie Props | Facebook

shadow boxes are quite useful depending on the item you want to display. Easy to find, not too expensive and fast customization if needed.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back