Disney’s Galaxy’s Edge- step by step description of lightsaber building experience

Builders will choose from four lightsaber styles:

• Peace & Justice, reflecting the Jedi style from the Republic era
  • Power & Control, a Sith style reflective of the Dark Side of the Force
  • Elemental Nature, using natural components like Brylark trees, Cartusion whale bones and Rancor teeth
  • Protection & Defense, incorporating components with ancient and mysterious motifs and inscriptions
I really want to see these designs. The elemental nature one sounds cool. I assume the two they have been picturing are first two.

I’m curious about these character legacy lightsabers.

Yes, those sound awesome as well. I’m guessing these are going to be basically a continuation of the Disney Park exclusive FX sabers they are offered get now.

Pre-built “legacy” lightsabers associated with “Star Wars” characters like Shaak Ti and Ahsoka Tano will be sold at Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities in Black Spire Outpost.

Those two examples are fantastic. First, kudos on offer some female character hilts. I know they have the Rey but come on, main character and only two lightsabers in the first two movies. They had to make it plus people can pass it of for a Luke is they wanted to. Other then that and the crude plastic Ahsoka Rubies variant, female hilt designs get ignored. Second, these are great for us prop replica collectors. Assuming these are still $150 or whatever the current price is, these are still affordable pieces to add to a collection. I myself tend to focus more on static hilts but if affordable, I won’t pass up a good deal. When Hasbro offered the Fisto Fx saber with removable blade, I got it because it was a hilt design that I wanted in my collection. For the hilt alone, I thought it was worth the $135 I paid for it.

Man... I am going to be spending a lot of money.

Im guessing these sabers will be comprised of dozens of custom machined variant parts which can all interconnect with each other to give the guest a unique saber.

Im going to swing by Disney Hollywood Studios today and find out some info on this saber building experience along with Galaxy’s Edge opening day details.
Ill probably end up buying a new saber every weekend. Lol

Disney parks have had the build your own lightsaber bins in stores forever. They are basically the same as the store-bought build your own kits, with a bit more variety. They've just upgraded the experience to metal parts it sounds like-- and the experience of course.

If it is anything like Wizarding World, there will be a long ass line to do the experience, or you can just go into the shop and buy what you want. I've heard they plan to also sell reservations (separate from the ticket price) for the lightsaber experience.

It all sounds very cool in theory, but much like the interactive Millennium Falcon ride I can't help but see it all as a logistical nightmare. There is no way they are going to be able to move people through all of this efficiently. The falcon interactive parts are going to get trashed in no time because people suck. and in a couple years there will be a simplified reduced down version of it.

As a Disney and Star Wars fan I want to be super excited for all of this, but I am just a bit too cynical I guess.

Im guessing these sabers will be comprised of dozens of custom machined variant parts which can all interconnect with each other to give the guest a unique saber.

I am getting the feeling that there may be some limitations. In the article, they talk about 4 styles. I wouldn't be surprised if there are once you select a style, you are given a predetermined group of parts. Meaning that if you and a friend select the Peace and Justice option, you are going end up with the same hilt. Hopefully there will be some other choices but if there are, I feel they may be limited in order to ensure that the experience ends in 20 minutes.

Disney parks have had the build your own lightsaber bins in stores forever. They are basically the same as the store-bought build your own kits, with a bit more variety. They've just upgraded the experience to metal parts it sounds like-- and the experience of course.

I posted other information about the experience from news articles on the other thread about the merchandise.

From the sounds of it, it seems like this hilt will be more like building metal components for a FX saber based off their currently FX Lightsaber Park Exclusives as opposed just a toy. The unofficial cost for a hilt is $109 and if you want a blade, it is another $30. I am guessing you can also buy the belt hook and stands for additional costs. Hopefully they will still keep the old toy saber building for the kids in the stores.

If it is anything like Wizarding World, there will be a long ass line to do the experience, or you can just go into the shop and buy what you want. I've heard they plan to also sell reservations (separate from the ticket price) for the lightsaber experience.

From what I read, this is not an additional cost for reservations but this experience is by appointment only. You need to sign up for the experience like you would a restaurant or putting your kid in the Jedi Academy. They did the same thing for the 3D figure printing on Star Wars Weekends for Cabonize Me. I'm hoping the lead time for signup is the same amount of time for Fast Passes which I think is 60 for resort guests and 30 for everyone else.

I am getting the feeling that there may be some limitations. In the article, they talk about 4 styles. I wouldn't be surprised if there are once you select a style, you are given a predetermined group of parts. Meaning that if you and a friend select the Peace and Justice option, you are going end up with the same hilt. Hopefully there will be some other choices but if there are, I feel they may be limited in order to ensure that the experience ends in 20 minutes.

I posted other information about the experience from news articles on the other thread about the merchandise.

From the sounds of it, it seems like this hilt will be more like building metal components for a FX saber based off their currently FX Lightsaber Park Exclusives as opposed just a toy. The unofficial cost for a hilt is $109 and if you want a blade, it is another $30. I am guessing you can also buy the belt hook and stands for additional costs. Hopefully they will still keep the old toy saber building for the kids in the stores.

From what I read, this is not an additional cost for reservations but this experience is by appointment only. You need to sign up for the experience like you would a restaurant or putting your kid in the Jedi Academy. They did the same thing for the 3D figure printing on Star Wars Weekends for Cabonize Me. I'm hoping the lead time for signup is the same amount of time for Fast Passes which I think is 60 for resort guests and 30 for everyone else.

Yes, thats what Im saying.

All the sabers will consists of interchangeable parts but each style will have its own predestined set of parts that fit that style.
For example 10 parts for style #1, 10 parts for style #2 , 10 parts for style 3, etc etc.

Each saber will most likely consist of 3 or four parts which can be arranged in different order, thus making a unique saber.

Then of course theres the choice of crystal as well.

Yes, thats what Im saying.

All the sabers will consists of interchangeable parts but each style will have its own predestined set of parts that fit that style.
For example 10 parts for style #1, 10 parts for style #2 , 10 parts for style 3, etc etc.

Each saber will most likely consist of 3 or four parts which can be arranged in different order, thus making a unique saber.

Then of course theres the choice of crystal as well.

This is correct. One of the articles mentioned each category has about 10 parts to choose from. If each saber has 5 parts (pommel, activator, emitter and two grips/spacers) then you’ve got a decent amount of combinations and customization.

Here’s a pic of two of the sabers to help visualize the 5 different sections.

star-wars-galaxys-edge-merchandise-feb2019-gallery-5_754103e5.jpg

Last edited:
I’m not expecting brilliant designs from this. I mean, what if there were some, then the movie hits sucked? Hahah! Regardless, this sounds pretty fun (and PRICEY!). I did the plastic bin build a saber with my little girls 3 and 5 last year and it was memorable and special for us despite the cheesy result.

Too bad the overall Disney Park experience is much more fun in retrospect than when you’re actually doing it! Excruciating comes to mind...

I like the stands. That's about it.
Those look like new-style high intensity flashlights.

Agreed, they look very lackluster. They actually look a lot like those new $8 Hasblows Level 1 academy lightsabers, and look to be constructed just as cheaply. I'm not expecting Master Replicas quality here, but you'd think Disney would be able to shell out a little more money for their new big name park. I'd made more creative customs from that toy Ultimate Lightsaber kit that came out in 2006. These look so uncreative.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back