Disney Store Obi-Wan lightsaber conversion

LeoCor Replicas

I bought one of the recent Obi-Wan $30 Disney Store lightsabers, and considering my pretty low expectations, it's actually better than I expected. However, I wanted it to look a little bit more like something that had been buried in a desert for the better part of a decade, and less like a plastic toy.

The hilt is kinda chunky, but surprisingly less so than the original Force FX version. It actually has a more segmented neck, so a bit of a plus there. When I got it, the paint job made it look really plastic-y, so I weathered the hell out of it it try and hide that, and I think it helps! The brass section on the emitter had some molded legal info on it, so I sanded it down, and repainted that as well.

Overall, for something I got on sale, it's pretty fun. It's at least good placeholder until I can a proper custom saber. These Disney Store lightsabers are almost exactly like Hasbro's Ultimate FX saber line from about a decade ago, but with a few improvements. The blades are removable, complete with an extra sound effect when you try and ignite the saber without the blade. The blades are also colored, which I personally prefer over the plain white type. I haven't tested it, but I believe you can use the different color blades with these sabers (so if you want your Obi-Wan saber to have a red blade, you can swap it with the blade included with Vader's saber).

314037271_3854741051331453_8343540316534753663_n.jpg
312301055_3854741247998100_8926881688066130108_n.jpg

Hey LeoCor Replicas ! Good job on the weathering, it no longer looks plasticy.

One has to respect the efforts of someone who believes in the Star Wars mythos so fully that they even weather their thumb to make it have a more believable in-universe appearance. ;)

Have fun with this one, and Good Luck on your getting your first custom lightsaber!

Hey LeoCor Replicas ! Good job on the weathering, it no longer looks plasticy.

One has to respect the efforts of someone who believes in the Star Wars mythos so fully that they even weather their thumb to make it have a more believable in-universe appearance. ;)

Have fun with this one, and Good Luck on your getting your first custom lightsaber!
This thumb has seen many a battle! :lol:

Hey LeoCor Replicas ! The more I look at your "Leaves and Grass" photo, the more I want to head outside with a handfull of Quartz and Fluorite Crystals and scatter them around on the ground and recreate the glowing effect you achieved in your photo but with glowing crystals instead of leaves.

The blades are also colored, which I personally prefer over the plain white type. I haven't tested it, but I believe you can use the different color blades with these sabers (so if you want your Obi-Wan saber to have a red blade, you can swap it with the blade included with Vader's saber).
Unfortunately they have different keyed ends and won't work with each other. Rey's and Obi's are the same though.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back