Disney parks legacy lightsaber question.

NakedMoleRat

Master Member
I’m sure that somebody on the forum knows. Remember before Galaxy’s Edge opened, Disney parks used to sell their legacy lightsabers. They had the Luke/Rey lightsaber, Darth Vader lightsaber, and Kylo Ren lightsaber.

Then when GE did open, they switched to the ones that they have now.

I recently bought an original Vader saber from Shop Disney and I’m wondering if the blade that is included with that saber will work with the ones from GE. I’ll be at Disney in a few more weeks and might pick up a saber, hoping the blade I got with Vader’s will work.

I’m sure that somebody on the forum knows. Remember before Galaxy’s Edge opened, Disney parks used to sell their legacy lightsabers. They had the Luke/Rey lightsaber, Darth Vader lightsaber, and Kylo Ren lightsaber.

Then when GE did open, they switched to the ones that they have now.

I recently bought an original Vader saber from Shop Disney and I’m wondering if the blade that is included with that saber will work with the ones from GE. I’ll be at Disney in a few more weeks and might pick up a saber, hoping the blade I got with Vader’s will work.
My understanding is that they are just a bundled version of the legacy lightsaber. Other than a few extras, exactly the same items.

If its the original Rogue One style Vader set, then no. They have their own blades with a different connector. Easiest way to tell which Vader you have, is the Rogue One style has brown printed "rust" weathering on the shroud and clamp, while the Galaxy's Edge one is a clean ESB style. The black plug portion of the blade may also have the name printed on it, Mine has Darth Vader TM.

The original run "Disney Parks" saber sets blades can be swapped between those 3 hilts, but they do not have RGB Leds, so a vader blade will light up red in the Rey hilt.

Galaxy’s Edge/Legacy/Savi’s on the left, Disney Parks on the right.
2D6D93FB-554C-4A70-8120-F5611FAFB64E.jpegDBF7C077-51EF-440B-8F24-69EB7901BDC7.jpegBACB0F8D-3F5F-4596-8C8A-6261D23DACBA.jpeg

Disney Parks “Rogue One” Vader Hilt.
CE751870-A439-4BB6-BE93-EA8728F9B192.jpeg

Aaaaand this is about how far the Vader blade will jam into a Legacy Obi Wan hilt. Conversely the GE blades won’t fit into the Vader due to their locking pins.
35D5FCBB-D45A-4F08-AF2D-F82ACDCA691E.jpeg

Hope that answers your question. benhs1898 is correct too though, they’ve started repackaging some of the GE/Legacy hilts in a similar way for ShopDisney, so depending on what you’ve got, it may indeed be a compatible blade

I have not tried this myself, but a friend of mine who has both says the Disney/GE blades and the Hasbro Black Series blades are not interchangeable.

Basically I am just repeating what has been said above but in short, if the lightsaber you bought was in one of those GE saber crates, but longer (because it holds a blade too), then it is a Legacy lightsaber and you can use the blades that they sell at Dok's and are provided with the Savi. These are different from the previous "Park" (not called Legacy) sabers that exist prior to and were still sold after the opening of Galaxy's Edge.

Basically I am just repeating what has been said above but in short, if the lightsaber you bought was in one of those GE saber crates, but longer (because it holds a blade too), then it is a Legacy lightsaber and you can use the blades that they sell at Dok's and are provided with the Savi. These are different from the previous "Park" (not called Legacy) sabers that exist prior to and were still sold after the opening of Galaxy's Edge.
Mine was in the cardboard crate. It’s not a weathered saber. I thinks it’s the GE blade. Which is fine as I’ll be flying and if I do pick up a saber, I can bring it as carry on and won’t need a blade. Thank you all for replying b
6F499A01-30FC-4D46-B3AA-177D05B3FA6C.jpeg
377A2854-A7B1-4663-A651-7C700296B82B.jpeg
9C61DB64-CD8D-478D-BE94-733ED7ED335A.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back