Disney park exclusives

Cable23

Disney is putting their Marvel exclusives up for sale on shopdisney.com. The tesseract with the space stone is already up, the other exclusives have the one sale dates on them.

6EFA2FF3-0198-4691-B4E7-33CEEAD6E8FE.jpeg

Wow, that tesseract looks really mediocre. It looks like they put more effort into the packaging than they did in the replica. I wonder if the internal lights even pulse, flicker or move, or if it's just a blue photo cube with some foam and an LED inside?
The Tesseract is a super easy build and not worth anywhere near $100.

Loki's Sceptor might be okay with a decent repaint, and the Eye of Agamotto looks decent, but I imagine the price will be steep. Wonder if the Eye has an opening mechanism?
I don't mind the Orb either but need to see it open and how the detailing and the Stone inside look.
Gauntlet looks really "Toys R Us Plasticy".

A bit like the Indiana Jones props its a curious mix of good and terrible.

The tesseract does indeed light up and pulses until turned off. All of these props are powered by plastic colored cosmic stones. The Eye of Agamotto opens by twisting the front of the holder, just like in the movies. All props are priced between $99.99 and $129.99 at Epcot, so I’m assuming shopdisney will have the same pricing. You can check all of these out on YouTube by searching Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind. Each prop has it’s own cosmic stone, except Iron Man’s gauntlet which has all 6 stones.

The tesseract does indeed light up and pulses until turned off. All of these props are powered by plastic colored cosmic stones. The Eye of Agamotto opens by twisting the front of the holder, just like in the movies. All props are priced between $99.99 and $129.99 at Epcot, so I’m assuming shopdisney will have the same pricing. You can check all of these out on YouTube by searching Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind. Each prop has it’s own cosmic stone, except Iron Man’s gauntlet which has all 6 stones.
Sweet.
For those interested, here's a full video.

The Tesseract is okay, just a slow pulse of light but at least its something. Looks pretty cheap and has exposed clips and controls. Even the presenter was pretty critical of it. $100 is WAY overpriced for it, especially compared to the other replicas.
The Orb looks very nice, cool stand, and generally a nice sculpt. Be good with a little repainting. I like the light up feature.
The Aether looks decent, definitely needs a repaint but is impressive.
The Eye looks a little weird - looks a bit too big. I do like the closing mechanism.
The scepter looks a little small but that may just be my perception. The blade looks pretty fake. plastic and thick. A nice paint job and maybe new blades may make it worthwhile, but definitely seems a bit toy like.

The Gauntlet's actually look pretty cool and I like the way the stones light up with pogo pins, rather than requiring individual batteries in each stone. I tossed around trying to do something like that with the gauntlet I have but the complexity of building and designing it proved too much. Maybe the Iron Man gauntlet with a nice custom paint job might be a cool addition, the Thanos one looks a little too plastic.

Definitely a mix of great and mediocre, and a few of them veer a little too far into the "toy" feel.
But there's a few there that are with a look.

I'm happy with my Tesseract, the metal Eye and the Metal Infinity Gauntlets I have, but Orb, Aether and maybe an Iron Man Gauntlet are tempting. There's much better Scepter's available out there.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back