disassembling an MR Training Remote stand

Treadwell

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm packing up my remote, but I'm scared to use too much force in trying to pull out the clear plastic mounting thingie from the base. I seem to remember it "clicking" in, and don't want to break any tabs.

There are screws on the underside of the base but when I removed them the base still would not come apart.

Any tips?

Thanks.

Once it's clicked into place, it can't be removed without breaking the tab.
I bought one on ebay and it arrived with the clear acrylic arm separate of the base and the seller tried to say that he didn't realize that the tab broke when he removed the arm from the base to ship it.

Total BS.. :lol

My advice would be to package the whole base together. It only assembles. ;)

Clark

I remember when I first got mine,..I clicked that sucker into place, and realized,...that sucker ain't comin' back out. I'm glad you posted this, so I know not to attempt it.
'Blues

Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll have to pack the original MR shipping box within a bigger box so I can pack the base separately.

I'm glad mine hasn't been assembled for display yet. That is a pretty crappy design decision on MR's part. :angry At least with a few of the other displays, such as the FX Sting you have access to the backside of the display to help push out the stand pieces.

:D VERY simple fellas. Peel off the rubber pads on the bottom of the stand and you will see four more screws in addition to the two exposed ones. I think you will know how to proceed from there.

Great tip, thanks. Can't believe I didn't think of that. :lol

Got the base apart and had access to the tab at the bottom of the support thingie. But the part it locks into is rather inaccessible and immobile. The thing STILL isn't going anywhere. :(

Originally posted by Dark Shadow@Apr 5 2006, 02:18 PM
:D VERY simple fellas.  Peel off the rubber pads on the bottom of the stand and you will see four more screws in addition to the two exposed ones.  I think you will know how to proceed from there.
[snapback]1220563[/snapback]​

Thanks Scott... It's still an incredibly poor design "feature". ;)

Originally posted by kurtyboy@Apr 6 2006, 12:49 PM
You could always ask SDS  :p
[snapback]1221077[/snapback]​

Damn, you beat me to it. :lol

Guess that's what I get for going to lunch...

Bruce

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back