DinoReplicas - dinosaur bone models and more

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Riceball

Master Member
Very nice. If you haven't seen it already, there's a 3 part series (and a just released compilation) about the Cerratosaurus by a YouTuber going by Edge.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

tarnyloo73

Very nice. If you haven't seen it already, there's a 3 part series (and a just released compilation) about the Cerratosaurus by a YouTuber going by Edge.
Thanks, I think there's an Edge following me on Twitter who makes Youtube dino docs, might be the same. I'll check it out when I've got a min,

A couple of months ago I dragged an old project from backup. I had the animated Allosaurus skeleton on a real-time 3D website iin 2017 but I had to close my account when someone alerted me that people were stealing my work.

Anyway I brought it back as a Youtube video, it was a neat way to make a public record of an old project.

SwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.gif

There's a few things wrong with it and if I ever re-visit it there'd have to be a few revisions. I'd love to build a real motorised version of the walking skeleton, pretty sure it's do-able if I ever found the time to work it out.

Been away from arty things for a while but I hope to get back on the cerato soon. Couple of sketches-

SwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.jpg

SwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.jpg

Riceball

Master Member
Great job on the Allo. Your work really puts into perspective just how large its arms were and just how small they were on Tyrannosaurs by comparison. I've always known that they had fairly large arms but I've always been more of a Tyrannosaur fan so I have kind of forgotten about Allosaurs except that they existed and were the Tyrannosaurs of the Jurassic.

One of these days I need to buy one of your prints. I've really liked everything that you've posted here. But it's a real toss up on what I'd get. As I said, I'm a big T. rex buff, but I already have a nice T. rex toy and a 2D skull that I cut out from a sheet of brass ages ago in college so I'd probably get either the Mosasaur or the Pterosaur, or maybe wait for your Ceratosaur just for something a little different, something that's not a T. rex.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.