Different Dread Styles

Eaglewood

Sr Member
I am going to step out of the conventional box for a minute here--

Most of the dreads that I see here are made of the same types of materials-- Backer Rod, foam insulation, latex, heck, I even made some of silicone and such-- But for the sake of conversation, has anyone tried or even considered real dreads?? There are some crazy things you could do to them-- the rings, tips, heck even to mount them you could do some crazy stuff. And the best part is, If my plan that I have been thinking about works-- you can make them removable and replaceable pretty easily.

So just wanted some opinions on this from everyone here

Here are some examples of some of the stuff you can do--

DSC07477.JPG

photo 2.JPG

DSC07476.JPG

Those ideas have been tried before. Not to great success if I recall. But creating a headpiece is stepping out of the box. Give it a shot!

Well, there's no rule that says you can't make a head-piece using "real" dredlocks. That would definitely be something worth seeing... just so, ya know - see what it looks like. However, I think it would throw the whole look off.

I think real dreads look great......but personally I dont think they would look good on a pred as they look far too...erm....humany :/
The Preds locks look far more...erm...alieny compared to dreads made from real hair.....and I dont think they would look right.
It's only a matter of opinion though........and there's no rules to say it shouldn't be done.

if i recall the "fail" was just in the look of it....

they were dipped in plasti dip and didn't have that L'Oreal bounce to them....

I bought some real dreads as a hair peice originally for my costume, this is what they looked like
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/582259_10150861766382406_205752375_n.jpg?dl=1

Was going to try and make something unique, a cyber goth type predator.
But I decided against it in the long run and will not be cosplaying as that, though I did techinally make it happen already I wasnt too thrilled with it.

I have since then made a new sculpt and gone the traditional route.

Make that two sculpts :p

The only thing is predators don't have hair lol.
One thing I made up in my noodle is that if a predator were to have 'hair dreads" it would be like an add on too them. Like a trophy.
Scalping and making dreads with the hair, now that is some creepy stuff lol

The only thing is predators don't have hair lol.
One thing I made up in my noodle is that if a predator were to have 'hair dreads" it would be like an add on too them. Like a trophy.
Scalping and making dreads with the hair, now that is some creepy stuff lol

Oh I am going to do some crazy things here-- My whole suit is going to be so crazy out of the box-- Stay tuned

I use actual hair dreads, and my first set that I'm wearing in my profile pic were made of yarn :) Work on the hairpiece is currently in progress and it's shaping up to be not half bad. I like hair dreads. They do have that 'I'm worth it' bounce when you turn your head.

Headrazor is an excellent site for lovely dreads if you're going down the real hair route. The only downfall is that you have to detach them at the root to use them for a hairpiece because the way they're put together is really silly.

I use actual hair dreads, and my first set that I'm wearing in my profile pic were made of yarn :) Work on the hairpiece is currently in progress and it's shaping up to be not half bad. I like hair dreads. They do have that 'I'm worth it' bounce when you turn your head.

Headrazor is an excellent site for lovely dreads if you're going down the real hair route. The only downfall is that you have to detach them at the root to use them for a hairpiece because the way they're put together is really silly.

Way cool-- IM sure there are some awesome things you can do with them. I know they will have the movement and feel that I want also.

Are you going to mount them on a head piece and then push them out through the dread holes? I'm intrigued by the idea, maybe something older than an elder like a Methuselah Pred?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back