Die Cast Lighted 1/350th TOS Enterprise (TOMY crowd funded)

I’m good to go as well. Got all my confirmations!!! #64!!!

Hope this piece turns out well. The price tag of 600 bucks sounds really to good to be true. I mean the MRE was 1200 back in 2008…14 years ago!

But if they turn out a fantastic product I’m am so in on The Refit…even if they charge 900 for that.

Don't give them any ideas! Lol. I love it when people say "I'd pay this amount" and the studio is like "We were only gonna charge this much but well ok then!!"

I purchased 2, 1 to sell, because I think a lot of people never saw it and I do think future models will be much higher. I don't want that to be true but it's what my gut says.

I’m good to go as well. Got all my confirmations!!! #64!!!

Hope this piece turns out well. The price tag of 600 bucks sounds really to good to be true. I mean the MRE was 1200 back in 2008…14 years ago!

But if they turn out a fantastic product I’m am so in on The Refit…even if they charge 900 for that.
Using the inflation calculator.

For the MRE in today's 2022 dollars....
$1,651.31

So yeah, 600 bucks today?

In 2008 that would have been.. $436.02

I'm beginning to wonder if the perceived to be as "lacking" way they handled this campaign may have been by design. Why would they intentionally do that unless it was to create a fervor for future projects with a low edition and offer a "first taste is free" introductory price similar to what Eaglemoss did to draw you into an expensive sub? But then that doesn't explain the horrible problems they've had handling the payments. It's an interesting conspiracy theory, but the evidence doesn't really support it.

I'm beginning to wonder if the perceived to be as "lacking" way they handled this campaign may have been by design. Why would they intentionally do that unless it was to create a fervor for future projects with a low edition and offer a "first taste is free" introductory price similar to what Eaglemoss did to draw you into an expensive sub? But then that doesn't explain the horrible problems they've had handling the payments. It's an interesting conspiracy theory, but the evidence doesn't really support it.
Right, interesting thought. “Hey, Chris - go raise 50% of the cost via word of mouth and we’ll cover the rest out of marketing and recoup from future sales of the full price refit and beyond.”

If the Refit was to go ahead and be at the same scale as the TOS 1701 I think it would definitely be would be more expensive. It's physically larger, there are more windows and a deeper shuttle bay, the paint job is more complex and there are more lights.

There! are! more! lights!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

So I just went to add a pic but all options are grayed out. Disabled? If so how are others able to do it?

Also, I see only three lights

Last edited:
People are understandably wanting really specific details, painting/weathering options, would like it produced in the US rather than overseas, etc. I consider this a grail items and want it to be as high quality as possible, including everything people have asked for.

This is a $600 item including tax and delivery. I think looking at the 12 foot original Enterprise model painstakingly restored in a museum and expecting that exact detail perfectly scaled down 4x on a mass produced product is asking a lot. If we want these to be more artisan crafted, it would make sense they would cost more.

When I was a baker people would ask for wildly detailed birthday cakes, but only want to pay $12 for it. For a $12, the company allowed me 10 minutes to get it done, period. I can do fancy completely edible sculptural cake, but that takes time and costs a lot. For $12 you get my best effort for 10 minutes. The fancy stuff I save for my kids.

I want TOMY to produce great Star Trek ships and make a profit so they continue. I don't know if it is better to keep the price low and mass produce or raise the price to allow for more detail/ options.

9C7D922A-D279-43A4-8CE9-7C746C53910D.jpeg

“Pending licensor approval”

They don’t have the license for this yet???
That's not what the statement means. They *do* have a license for the model. But, as everyone has noted - including TOMY - what they are showing is just a prototype, not the final production model. And, as with all such licenses, the licensor has approval on that final production model.

As CD says, this is very normal.

That's not what the statement means. They *do* have a license for the model. But, as everyone has noted - including TOMY - what they are showing is just a prototype, not the final production model. And, as with all such licenses, the licensor has approval on that final production model.

As CD says, this is very normal.
Thanks for the education guys.

Edit: Nevermind
I got an email that seemed to act like it was a new article but it turns out it's from a month ago and they're just sending it out again

So did they just base it off PLs 350? There is clearly a Round 2 hull half in frame in a picture at the above link. I love my PL and prefer a build to a pre build,but,if this is just a metal version of the same kit….seems kinda shady…? IDK happy folks will get something super cool they want.

I would think Kerr would have given them insane accurate dimensions of everything. Did he contribute to the PL kit? I think he may have.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back